Options

Suggestions for Maritime Provinces in Canada?

Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
I'm planning a trip in August to the Maritime Provinces.  Our time is limited between ongoing construction at my house and my boyfriend's schedule.  However, my initial thinking is one night at the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick, two nights somewhere on Prince Edward Island and two nights on Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.  We'll also do a couple of nights in Maine at the beginning and end of the trip as stopover spots as we drive from Pennsylvania.  I'd love suggestions for places to camp.  I have a strong preference for scenic spots.  I don't need hookups.  Anyone have some favorites to recommend?  Thanks in advance!  :) Lisa
Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA

Comments

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    I too would have an interest in this area.  We have not been to that area yet and would appreciate everyone's input.  We do not require hookup's either.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    CormFECormFE Member Posts: 10

Hi. My wife and I used to live in Nova Scotia and have traveled through the maritime provinces quite a bit.

If you are going to Cape Breton, then you have to do the Cabot Trail. I would suggest you drive the road "counter-clockwise". That way the water is always on your right hand side.

PEI has some amazing beaches along the northern shore. There are campsites right along the water.

If you can make it to NS, then check out the Bay of Fundy from its shores as well. Look up Cape Split, near Blomidon Provincial Park. It is a large hook shape that extends into the Bay. If you have a clear sunny day you can hike right to the end of the Cape. You park at the start of a trail near Scots Bay. It takes a couple hours (or more) each way, but on a nice day the view is worth it. Make sure you check that days satellite shot of the area. We had clear blue skies in Greenwood and when we got to the cape it was completely fogged in.

If in NS, check out Wolfville, the home of Acadia Univ. The library pub is a quaint little place. The Port Pub Bistro is a micro Brewery with a very nice deck. It is right on the Cornwallis River. You can sit there and watch the river rise and fall about 20+ feet with the tides. You will have to sit there for a while to see it.... :)

2023 T@B 400 Boondock // TV: 2021 Dodge Durango - Location: Gander, Newfoundland, Canada