Options

Fall camping must-haves

KCodeKCode Member Posts: 22
Hey everybody!
  We are looking forward to fall camping in Michigan and beyond this season. Since we are relatively new at this, I am wondering what is on your Must-Have Lists for fall camping in cooler temps. So far, all I have on my list is hot chocolate....  Thanks for your tips!!
2021 T@B 320S
2011 Honda Odyssey/Dave and Karin
Kalamazoo, Michigan

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @KCode, we just carry mormal cold weather gear like hoodies and long underwear, but for the trailer we carry at least 2 gallons of rv non-toxic antifreeze, which in a pinch can be dumped into the traps. In your case, possibly into the cassette as well. Actual cold weather camping has us winterize (water removal and the rv antifreeze in the traps and gate valves. Heat with the glycol in the alde and carry water for cooking, cleaning, washing ourselves and drinking. We use the toilet and dump rv antifreeze into the black tank at an equal rate. We have made it through nights at -10°F that way. We are not alcohol consumers, so our supplies include tea and we make our own mulled cider. Lots of soup or chili helps too. Good luck and enjoy our mitten!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.