Options

Needed organized storage

Just got back from a recent trip and struggled with where to store my boot cleaner (odd shape and has textured traction bottom). This is an essential piece of gear for me here in the PNW. I wanted to add a shelf under the T@B 320 passenger bench so that I could have my bed slats stored under the bench but still have organized space for other longer things. I was always a bit frustrated that having anything else in that cabinet made it difficult to remove the slats.  I added a shelf that is a snug fit but not wearing on tire protection. It is velcro’ed on the legs to the floor by industrial velcro. It is very secure and not wiggling at all. If I notice any movement then I can add some brackets to mount the shelf onto the wooden wall. Nothing fancy as this is my first woodworking mod. If anyone has any other suggestions about how to maximize this space I welcome any suggestions.

Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited October 2020
    Here is how we now stow our bed slats @Kr@cken . I chose to add this mod on the driver's side to make access easier on the passenger side cabinet. The plywood panel is 1/4" thick.

Hope this gives you an idea...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    What a great idea. I didn’t think about taking the lid off the electrical cabinet. As I said I have no woodworking experience. Did you use brackets for the cleats? Not sure what “screwed from underneath” means. 
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    The screws run upward, from the cabinet through the cleat and in to the 2x4 framing. It was a bit awkward to do, but we were pleased with the results (If I'm not explaining it well enough, I will draw a picture).

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    I just recently boxed in that area under the passenger's bench but we have a 2021 so no bed slats...but loving the space for "flex storage"...depending on length of trip...the electric griddle would be brought for pancake breakfasts! 2 pieces of wood joined with some L brackets..
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    On our 2021 since nüCamp removed the door under the passenger bench, I've been trying to design a door that looks good to get into that area. I'm not a good woodworker, best guess is to do a slider that opens into it. We think there will be enough room for shoes. We store the Anderson leveler, hose & elect cable in there with the table on top. Any nice examples would be appreciated.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network