Options

Frozen T@B

:o We just purchased a used 2020 T@B 320 S. We wanted to take it camping for my 65th on 10/25/2020. We live in the 4 corners area and didn't expect the weather we got. We had a virtual polar vortex with winds blowing snow parallel to the ground directly at the front driver's side of our trailer. We came home at first light and started to figure out that the trailer would not drain. We have the heater going, an additional heater in the trailer, heat tape underneath, covered the trailer and created windbreaks with building foam. Any ideas? Anyone else have this happen? No liquid is movin! I discovered that most RV places in our area are closed on Mondays. 

Comments

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 590
    I've had a frozen gray tank and just had to wait for the weather to warm, which it did later in the day. A hair blow dryer could help thaw a frozen sewer cap and gate valve.
    Happy Birthday!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2020
    Other than finding a heated garage you might try plugging the trailer into shore power, fire up the Alde system and get the trailer heated up.  That, or running the trailer on propane to heat it up.  I don’t know what your elevation Is there but would guess that the freeze might not last, that day time temps may rise above freezing and this will allow you time to remove water from the trailer.  I’d also dump RV antifreeze into the p traps, get it into the black and gray tanks and you could open up the trailer water valves to relieve any pressure.  The PEX pipe is forgiving and unless this is a sustained winter freeze you should eventually be able to remedy the situation.  I left a hose out one night in the Davis Mountains, the water froze up, but eventually unthawed once the temperature warmed up above freezing.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2020
    As Mike said, get the Alde going, open up all the cabinets, put a fan inside the Tab to circulate the heat. Open the door behind the toilet.
     I used a couple of small computer fans to get the heat to go under the shower area from the driver's side seat storage area.
    You could wrap the sewer valve with a drug-store type heating pad.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya