Options

Any Recommendations For Savannah, GA RV Parks?

ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
Hi folks,
I'll be staying in Savannah on my way to and from a planned trip to Florida in a couple of weeks.
Anyone have a recommendation (or two) as to good RV parks in and around the Savannah,GA area?
Have made this same trip many times...but this is the first time with our trusty T@B!!
Thanks!
After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller

Comments

• Options
    grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    Just got back from there last week.  Skidaway Island is where we stayed.  Nice, clean, quite, private sites.  The only other place I know of is on Tybee Island.  We looked at it and it did not appeal to me.  No privacy 
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    Thanks @grubbster.
    I looked online at the Tybee Island park...a comment about sand fleas on Tybee doesn't appeal to me - but I don't know if that is an issue or not this time of year.
    And I just looked at the Skidaway Island State Park site based on your recommendation...that looks like a great place! And availability is good too on the day I'm heading down.
    Thanks again.

Anyone else stayed in Savannah?
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    +1 on Skidaway Island. We were there last year and are going back in February.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    I stayed at Creekfire Resort just outside the city. I was comfortable. it's fairly new. Here is my review on Campendium: https://www.campendium.com/creekfire-motor-ranch#reviews
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    @jimcenname
    Thanks Jim. I read yours and the other reviews on Campendium. I'll add it to the list!
  • Options
    rian1955rian1955 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Savannah Skidaway Island State park would be 1st choice. 
    Redgate farms is a small private campground  west of downtown area http://www.redgatecampground.com also Fort Mc Alister state park in Richmond hill about 30 miles from downtown Savannah 
  • Options
    @rian1955
    Thanks for your recommendations. Skidaway is top on my list as well for this trip. And availability is good as well.
    I'll also check out your other recommendations for the future.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I've stayed on Tybee Island (River's End) numerous times.  Always love it there!  Walk to the beach :)
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    Another one for Skidaway.  Spent a couple days there last year.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    nmdreamnmdream Member Posts: 27
    Hi Chris ( Neighbor) Not a big drive but I plan on trying out Hunting Island - out on St Helena - About 1- 1/12 hrs from Savannah. Been to the lighthouse, love the area but have not put down for the night yet. I am looking forward to it. Maybe consider a drive over and check it out. The Beach is long and clean. You are right on the coast. 
    2020 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate 181 HP w/Hayden 678 Rapid Cool
    2019 T@B 320 S 

• Options
    TABaker said:
    I've stayed on Tybee Island (River's End) numerous times.  Always love it there!  Walk to the beach :)
    I looked at that campground online...and it looks like a nice location. There was a Tripadvisor review that complained about sand fleas on Tybee...which worried me. 
    Has that been an issue when you've been there - or is it a seasonal thing?
  • Options
    nmdreamnmdream Member Posts: 27
    As far as I can tell more a seasonal thing. The cool weather tends to make life a lot better on the shore, take a jacket LOL. November breeze get a little cool when it blows in. But no matter, hard to complain about the beach in the 70's.
     I have a last minute run to West Virginia this weekend. Luck to us all .

2020 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate 181 HP w/Hayden 678 Rapid Cool
    2019 T@B 320 S 

• Options
    @nmdream
    Safe travels.
    And I actually love the beach in fall and spring...I like it when it's cooler - and less crowded!