Solar installation wiring path?-T@B400

Does anyone have a suggested wiring path for rooftop solar panel through trailer to battery (2019 T@B400 with large frig, no closet)? I'm hoping to route down through bathroom vent pipe. But not certain if I can exit vent pipe and route behind frig someway. 
Thanks, Gary

(thanks to @jimcenname for photo of vent pipe behind bathroom sink)

Gary & Tracy, 2019 T@B 400BD, 2019 Ford Ranger2008 Jeep Liberty, Southern CA desert

Comments

• tphaggertytphaggerty Member Posts: 48
    I ran mine inside the plastic molding on the outside all the way down and under then up through the battery vent already cut in the bottom of the Tab. Didn’t want to drill any holes in the roof. Had to dremel out two small access ports in the molding. Was a bear to do, but I think it looks nice and no new holes in the Tab.  I’m running my 2 panels in series to the MPPT controller, so I only had to run a single pair of wires to the roof, not 100% sure that 2 pairs would fit inside the molding if you are running 2 panels in parallel.
    2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL TV
    2018 T@B 400, 300Ah Renogy LiFePo batteries, 350W Renogy rooftop solar
    Poughquag, NY
  • gbartgbart Member Posts: 16
    @tphaggerty that looks like a very good solution. I looked on our unit today and see the path you took clearly. May revert to that if the vent area doesn't work out. I'm delayed on this project as I finish up another mod (tank heaters/insulation) but hope to start this weekend. Thanks. 
    Gary & Tracy, 2019 T@B 400BD, 2019 Ford Ranger2008 Jeep Liberty, Southern CA desert
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I wouldn’t be drilling you vent stack, inside the trailer, unless you want to have sewer gasses emanating into the cabin, which could be unpleasant as well as potentially lethal.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • gbartgbart Member Posts: 16
    @4ncar thanks for confirming what I suspected, ie don't drill into the vent stack inside the trailer. I did finally tackle the project over the weekend and successfully routed the solar panel cables through the plastic rooftop boot around the vent pipe, fished down through the vent pipe chase which came out behind the bathroom sink (sink easily pulled out by loosening 8 screws). From there it was fairly easy to drill a hole into the adjacent area behind the large drawer/under big fridge and route the cables along the floor into the alde boiler/battery compartment under bed. 
    We are headed out for now but will post a better explanation at a later date if anyone is interested. Thanks for you help. 
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @gbart:Success! Gotta love it when a plan comes together!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback