Options

Alde 3010 touch pad problems

BabsBabs Member Posts: 26
In my 2018, 320S tab, the control panel went black.  Diagnostics were all electrical inputs and outflows to the Alde registered operative via fuch meter readings leaving the wall panel as the culprit—maybe.  After consulting with Truma/Alde (IN), the ultimate problem might be the circuit board within the 3010 Alde boiler itself since this is the second time the wall panel died.  Truma referred me to an Alde rep, Dave in Lakeland, FL.  After a pleasant conversation, he suggested checking the connection to the wall panel.  Nothing.  So, I took apart the panel and have pictures hoping knowledgeable people can please tell me if what I am looking at is fine or not.  Also, what are the costs associated with replacing the wall panel, and if need be, the boiler circuit board?  Next, what else can I check to troubleshoot prior to my appointment in Jan?  Presently there isn’t hot water nor heat from the Alde.

Q1:  There is a connector from the wall to the board.  Should there be other connections to the rest of the board?  In other words, is the wiring correct?  There is another slot for one additional white plug-in next to the one already attached.  

Q2:  Along the bottom are white things tinged red/pink.  Are the and the capacitors blown?

Thanks

Photos below.

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Babs said:
    . . . my 2018, 320S tab, the control panel went black. 
    . . . referred me to an Alde rep, Dave in Lakeland, FL.
    . . . what else can I check to troubleshoot prior to my appointment in Jan?
    There are several posts/threads regarding 'Dead Control Panel' troubleshooting.  Suggest you try different searches within the forum . . .
    see search field near your login name (upper right)

Since you are already speaking with an Adle Tech Expert not sure you'll learn anything beyond being better able to discuss the issue and troubleshooting steps with the Tech.
    Babs said:
    Q1:  . . . Should there be other connections to the rest of the board?
    In other words, is the wiring correct?
    There is another slot for one additional white plug-in next to the one already attached. 
    Short answer is No other connections & Yes your panel looks normal.
    Our Adle installations only use the one four-wire connector assuming a NuCamp Factory Standard installation.  All the other connector locations on the Control Panel are for extra features our installations do not use/include.

Your Adle Owners Manual should have information diagrams to help you understand the unused connection points.  This forum also has PDF manuals in the resources section.
    Babs said:
    Q2:  Along the bottom are white things tinged red/pink.
    Are the and the capacitors blown?
    If you are referring to the items circled in picture below,
    No those are not damaged capacitors.
    They are part of the plug/connector assembly - - a locking device so connector stay in place.  On our installation only one plug/connector is installed, the jumper in second position from left which is 'window open option' - - jumper means no window ever open.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    edited December 2020
    If you were working with a tech they probably mentioned that you and the boards should be properly grounded whenever you work on PCB's. It is possible to damage an otherwise perfectly good board if it is not properly handled. These are multi-layered boards loaded with a mix of through hole and surface mounted devices. It does not take much to fry a board. Anti-Static Wrist Strap Grounding Wrist Strap Band Prevents Static Forming - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

• Options
    BabsBabs Member Posts: 26
    Thank you both!  Your insights are really helpful.