Options

Froli upgrade

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
edited December 2020 in Products and Accessories
Since nuCamp started using the all-gray Froli system has anyone upgraded to a Froli Star, Travel, or Zoni? We had been planning on waiting for our Spring delivery, then deciding whether to upgrade, but NickleAtlantic has a 20% off Christmas sale running right now. We would love to hear some feedback on whether it would be worth it to replace the all-gray Froli with one of the other Froli models from NickleAtlantic.

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    Have only had the current issue all gray Froli...but I find it completely comfortable. Think you'll have a hard time finding someone who has had both to compare.
    My 2 cents is wait and try the system installed by NuCamp before deciding on an upgrade.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I added the Froili Star to my 400 after sleeping on it for a couple of months, All the red stars do is to stiffen the existing Froili individual pieces. Easy to install. I only ordered enough for my side of the bed, as my dog can sleep any where, any time😉. I only ordered enough for the area from my hips to my shoulders. It worked for me.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna - would you say the Star version is softer or firmer compared to the dark Froli system?
  • Options
    If the “Dark Froili” is the standard gray Froili that was stock on the 2019 T@B 400’s, the stars made it a more firm surface. 

When I purchased the red stars, they were the only additional accessory that was available from the vendor I purchased them from. My budget app says I purchased them from “Froili Systems” on 10/12/2018. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I think the 2020 or 2021 nuCamp models started coming with the non-modifiable dark Froli system pictured below. These cannot be space-adjusted nor can a red star tensioner be added to them.
    The system we are looking to upgrade to is the "Star" Froli model.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @rhymo, I was wrong, my 2019 400 had these blue ones. The red star I’m referring to is red (duh!) and it holds the sides of the blue parts up to make it more firm. Sorry, I do not have a photo of it. 

Your link had a photo that shows the red “stars” that were an additional purchase. This is what I had. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    TresK3TresK3 Member Posts: 65
    We purchased @Verna's old trailer and one of the first things my wife did was to buy more of the red stars to fill out both sides of the bed.  I told her I could sleep anywhere, anytime, too, but she insisted.  :) 
    2019 Tab 400 Boondock Lite
    2017 Dodge Durango AWD with Tow Package IV
    A can of Skyline Chili in the pantry
  • Options
    I talked to a rep at NickleAtlantic and she informed me that the dark Froli mat now shipping with TABs is firmer than their Star or Travel versions, and that the springs are smaller @ 9 per square foot vs what looks to be about 4 per square foot depending on how you space them out. While you cannot add tensioners, you can nest springs inside each other to increase firmness that way. While we like the look of the Star model, I think we'll give the stock Froli mat a try first.