New Battery

Work just sent me a gift basket of stuff and it included an Amazon Gift card. (They sent this instead of the Christmas party which we couldn't have). So I'm going to get a new battery for the T@B. My Blue Top Optima is probably 8 years old, and someone once said that Optimas are too expensive for what you get.... so I'm looking at 100AH AGM. Some of the brands I'm seeing are.... Renogy, Universal Power Group, Mighty Max, and Windy Nation. FYI, I really only use the battery to run my power mover, and power my 12V fridge while on the road. Otherwise I'm all shore power electric, and no solar. So are any of those batteries any better or worse than the others? All about the same price range.
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
Harvest, AL

Comments

• CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited December 2020
    @Mouseketab, We own a Renogy 100AH  AGM (about 6months so far). Bought through Amazon for less than at Renogy site. Price does fluctuate, so track it over time if you aren't in a hurry to buy. We  are pleased with it so far. No experience with the other brands.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Eight years on Optima, I think that is good value. I have 10 year old Optima's in my truck (diesel requires two batteries) and another two in a cargo trailer withe solar system and inverter, second pair in that trailer since 2005, but current ones are about end of life. Sure you might be able to get more AH for less, but my track record with Optima has been solid for lat 15 years or so.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 172
    edited December 2020
    We use a Vision EV27 100ah . It is a 27 series battery so if you are using a 24 series, this will be a little bigger . We love it , and it has incredible staying power . Its what they call dry cell technology which is actually "high density lead paste" inside it. Sealed, no off gassing, and unlike a lot of the high end AGM batteries , the Vision is built for "fast charge acceptance" so it works great with an RV converter for charging (and works great with our solar as well) .  We love ours , and have had it for about 2 years now . 
    If you look up Vision EV27 , you should find out who sells it , more info and costs . I think we paid about $200. for it and it was money well spent . 
    Here is the Manufacturers data page with info on it .........
    https://www.vision-batt.com/site/product_files/EV27-100A-AM.pdf

EDIT : Just checked and Amazon doesnt have it listed . Bummer ! 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2001 Chevy Suburban LT 2500 8.1 - 496ci
    2022 Jayco Jay Feather Micro 166 FBS  
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !  
    2021 Keystone Passport Superlight 229RK - SOLD
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black Trim. - SOLD
    2011 Keystone Outback 260FL 32' - 2 Slides . - SOLD