Options

T@B400 kitchen sink cover always in the way

I never use the swing up kitchen sink cover as a work surface. I keep it flipped up all the time except when towing. It also blocks the view out the kitchen window when I am seated at the table. I decided to remove the cover. Much nicer view now.

I drilled the rivets securing the cover's hinges to the metal sink with a 5/32 inch bit. The hinge dropped away under the sink. The plastic fasteners on the glass cover were difficult to remove.

2019 T@B400
TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
Southern California
Full-timer since 2019

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    I personally like the cover, and use the space when it's closed often enough to merit the downsides you mention. But I can understand your point of view on it as well.
    Do you have any ideas or plans on filling the holes left behind.
    Just curious...
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    @ChrisFix, some T@Bs have a smaller counter-top than mine. I've see photos where it looks like there is 6 inches between the stove-top and the sink. I have 18 inches between the two so I have sufficient space to live without the sink cover. I bought plastic plugs at Lowes to fill the rivet holes and I'll continue to use the rubber grommets in the slots where the hinges used to be. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019