Options

Trying to create some storage on my 320

I have been thinking about how to create some additional storage on my ‘21 T@B 320 BD which of course is in short supply.  Has anyone tackled the ability to store poles and other objects?  I am thinking of something like the attached to store the poles for my AllPro awning and / or other objectives.  It is a 4” PVC and both ends will have a threaded cover.  I would attach it using stainless hose clamps as shown in my example (these are just tied in place for show)  I do not have the Yakima rack attached.  Any thoughts?  Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Your solution for extra storage space in this area works fine.  I'd suggest using black pipe in order to blend in with the rear tail color.  This is a difficult area to modify because of the taillights and curve of the trailer.  Curious as to how those two unused structural bolts below the uppermost frame bolts could be used to secure a panel across that area.  If feasible, then some cargo netting to secure weatherproof and lightweight items in that area.  I'm reminded of trunk racks on small British sports cars from the 60's - but drawing a blank here.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I used black corrugated drain pipe 4” I believe. With snap on ind caps. We use it store our drain hose.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited March 2021
    +1 @Dalehelman's suggestion, or the drain hose storage tube that Valterra makes.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A04-0153XBK-EZ-Hose-Carrier/dp/B007S3LC0E

I originally tried the 4" PVC pipe for my black hose storage tube, but found it to be surprisingly heavy. I finally went with the Valterra. The tubing Dale used, or this Valterra tube, is much lighter.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    I've used a 'sport tube' that we had laying around from ski trips where we had to check skis as baggage. Its variable length, the two pieces slide together to adjust length and it measures ~ 6" square.  I simply attack it to the yakima rack with ratchet straps so that it points front to back but without extending  higher than the top of the T@B 320. When I don't need it, it removes easily.  I know its a different idea than many of the permanently attached tubes but if you happen to have one or see one at a yard sale or ski swap, its a great way to take longer items, keep them out of the way, and use the yakima rack.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner