Options

2017 T@B CS - rack options

mhyattmhyatt Member Posts: 6
edited March 2021 in Products and Accessories
I was hoping to find out if anyone has mounted a roof rack on 2107 T@B CS for solar panels.  I cannot seem to get any info from NuCamp on the side rail dimensions or recommended products (after market so they will not support the effort, though cannot offer factory approved hardware or options???)

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    mhyatt said:
    I was hoping to find out if anyone has mounted a roof rack on 2107 T@B CS for solar panels.  I cannot seem to get any info from NuCamp on the side rail dimensions or recommended products (after market so they will not support the effort, though cannot offer factory approved hardware or options???)
    I think that most people use flexible panels and just affix the panels directly to the roof. If you use the forum search function (top right corner) you should be able to find plenty of discussions about adding solar panels. 
    The tricky thing about trying to add a rack is that it has to be tied to the aluminum struts that support the roof. These aren't visible, so you have to have the measurements and be sure that you sink the holes in the correct places.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    mhyattmhyatt Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, I used a flexible panel and put it down with 3M VHB tape.  Snow, ice, wind, rain, high speeds and spray washing has not affected the adhesion of the tape and I used small steel cables to provide safety strap to the side rail mounting screws.