Options

Low hot water pressure with new speedfit thermostatic mixing valve

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
I noticed the hot water pressure was about 1/3 to a half lower than the cold side on our new Tab. I adjusted the valve fully closed to fully open and that didn't help so I let off some pressure, pushed in the speedfit fittings and pulled the pipes from the valve. I took pics of both inlet screens on the mixing valve...guess which side is the hot water inlet is on...

I called Alde and they said cleaning with white vinegar is fine but to not try to remove the screens. I gave it a good soak and now I have equal pressure between hot and cold.
I do think it is odd that a brand new camper would have that much calcium buildup in the system. They must have some really hard water in Sugarcreek.

(Title edited for search purposes.  Moderator)
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Was it calcified? Hard to see in the pic, but possibly installation debris. We all have found bit installation debris coming from the FW tank, especially in the strainer/filter by the water pump...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    @4ncar I had just assumed it was calcium but installation debris makes more sense. I did check the pump strainer and it was clean so whatever this is it looks to have come from the system after the pump so it could be from the Nautilus and/or the Alde.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO