Options

400 BD: Buckled roof trim strips

geoBgeoB Member Posts: 67
edited November 2021 in Trailer & Towing
I've just noticed some buckling in the rubber trim strips along the interior edge of the rounded plastic edges where the roof meets the driver's side wall.  Since there is no buckling on the trailer's door side I don't think it's thermal expansion. It's more likely due to adhesive failure. Has anyone else had this problem and found a simple solution?

Photos:

2018 Audi SQ5 + 2021 T@B 400 BD replaces '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular (same mpg with half the range)

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Pick up some Shoe Goo from Walmart on an end aisle in the shoe department. Put a dab of Shoe Goo every 6” or so and push the trim back in under the trim piece. 

Yes, cycles of heat and cold do tend to sometimes push the trim piece out, but spend a few minutes on it and it will stay in place. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks! I'd never heard of this stuff before. Local Walmart's out of stock; Walgreen's website says they've got it. Will try tomorrow.
    2018 Audi SQ5 + 2021 T@B 400 BD replaces '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular (same mpg with half the range)
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    Our 2018 T@B 400 did the same thing on our last trip. We just kept checking it and pushing it back in place. Thanks, @Verna for the tip! 
  • Options
    Shoe Goo works well. Learned to place the dab so there was little to no adhesive on the upper side of the plastic. Too much on the top and the goo gets pushed outside the trim. Cleans off well with acetone.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’m glad it worked!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”