Options

Resolved: Pump Runs Continuously

Checking our 320 CSS in prep for an upcoming adventure, filled water tank then turned on the pump. It ran continuously. I shut it off at the panel then realized I didn't close the door to water tank fill port. Closed the door, turned on the pump and it ran for less than a minute to pressurize the system. Thought I'd share my experience for the benefit of others. 
2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Glad you’re pump finally pressurized and stopped running. IMHO I doubt the cause and effect was the fill port door. It is not an air tight door and there is no electrical connection to the pump. The important thing is that you are good to go now. It can take several minutes the pump to build enough pressure to shut off because of air in the lines. Sometimes opening a faucet a little bit will let the air out. Water pressurizes quicker than air. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    The pump when running with the door open wasn't working very hard.  Another detail was I still had the hose (water off) with fancy-smancy filler tube inserted into the port.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    The pump wasn’t working hard because it was only moving air which it doesn’t do very well. The hose still in the fill receptacle has no more effect than if you were standing only on your left foot. Sorry I am just kidding. Enjoy your new toy. Most of all have fun.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Got it.  Thanks for your comments!