Options

Nomination for "Resident Philosopher"

Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
We have so many talented and experienced members on the forum.  Each looking for ways to help those with a specific problem and others with more general T@B needs.  What a wonderful community to be a part of.  Every now and then we should acknowledge those who enhance the forum experience in unique ways.  For this reason, I'd like to say thanks to "qhumberd" for his or her insightful, thoughtful and caring posts.  While they are few and far between, I enjoy them immensely. 
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    As someone who teaches philosophy and has a PhD in the subject, I take umbrage at the idea!  (Just joking, Frank).  :)
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    Kudos to you Tabster.  The most memorable course I ever took was "Philosophy 101" at a local community college.  Amazing instructor.  After entering the workforce, I created a modest scholarship fund in his name.  We need more people like you.
  • Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 154
    edited May 2021
    It's unfortunate and ironic that most of the  members finest moments of philosophical insight while maintaining their trailers isn't allowed to be shared due to the fact that said insights are often accompanied by physical definitions of physical acts not allowed on the forum. The vast majority of my own mechanical/technical revelations are almost in every case immediately preceded by a long-ish string of preparatory verbs and adjectives. It's also quite common to infer the lineage of designers/engineers in the preparatory phase. Sans preparatory descriptors, the true meaning of the revelation is watered down, if not completely lost....
    WilliamA
    2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.  
  • Options
    Oh my.  Looks like we now have a Resident Philosophy Committee with qhumberd, Tabster and WilliamA as founding members.  Congratulations to you all! 
  • Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    And then there's the time when EVERYONE is a philosopher--sitting by the campfire under a sky full of stars
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    Tabaz said:
    We have so many talented and experienced members on the forum.  Each looking for ways to help those with a specific problem and others with more general T@B needs.  What a wonderful community to be a part of.  Every now and then we should acknowledge those who enhance the forum experience in unique ways.  For this reason, I'd like to say thanks to "qhumberd" for his or her insightful, thoughtful and caring posts.  While they are few and far between, I enjoy them immensely. 
    Well as a relatively new member to the forum, I am humbled that folks found some help in anything I have posted. I started in this forum with the real basics, like "how big is the bed exactly?" and just evolved to learning lots more than I ever imagined. So always good to pay it forward when I can. Best wishes to all!

Quentin

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab