Options

Leaking below caused by water intrusion at the tail light

I was surprised to find that after pulling my 2017 T@B 320s out of inside winter storage and having it outside and experiencing a couple of rain events that it started dripping underneath at the black moisture barrier near the spare tire mounting bolts.  On further inspection I found water staining on the sloping panel on the door side of the camper behind the fold down seat back.  I did a search on this forum and found this link describing my exact problem.  It turns out that after a couple of years, the caulk behind the tail light bezel and the associated wiring begins to break down and causes this leak.  I have not found anything like this on any service bulletin. 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/167801#Comment_167801

Ironically, when the camper is stored "level" as most of us do, the water is leaking in and going above the moisture barrier and below the flooring.  It doesn't start to leak out until we jack up the front to attach to the tow vehicle.  After talking to Austin at the factory, it sounds like this can de devastating if allowed to continue.  My dealer in Vermont told me this condition mostly effects the 2017 and 2018 models.  The routing of the tail light wires was changed in 2019.  I would urge any of you with a 2017-18 320s to check for this condition right away and please let me know if you can give me any advice.  

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado