Options

Tire recommendations

lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
I am going to put on new tires before my long trips in July.  2017 Tab 320S, purchased used and don't know how many miles the previous owner had on them--they look fine but I'm going to replace.  I see a number of people here recommending the Goodyear Endurance ST205/75r14.  My mechanic also said to do some research on the Tow Max STR2 Multimile tires--he uses them on his 2 flatbed trailers and his RV trailer.  Anyone heard of these tires?  Any experience with them?  Thank you
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    A quick look on the internets brings up concerns about the sidewalls and blowouts. The Goodyear tires don't seem to get bad reviews.
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @tabiphile that also what I saw but very few reviews--just wondered if anyone had used these-Thanks!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    I used Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R14s on a tandem axle boat trailer for years.  Best trailer tire I ever had.  The boat and trailer was about 6000 pounds. I bought my fist trailer boat 29 years ago and have had one ever since.  When my current boat trailer needs replacements and when my Tab needs replacements this is what I will be looking for.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    I just replaced my factory tires with the Goodyear’s back in April after experiencing a blowout.  Can’t say enough good things about them.   Super quiet.  Great tow.   And I pulled the RV down some pretty crappy old forest roads and they were awesome.   
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    jschmierjschmier Member Posts: 26
    Just replaced the original Boondock tires on my 400. After a lot of research, went with the GY Endurance.  Not as cool or tough looking but after 1200 miles, a good decision.  Improved mpg about 1 mile per gallon, feels a lot smoother, less noisy, and I don't seem to notice that I am pulling a TT as much.  Plus, it looks OK.
    2018 T@B 400/solar/2022 Honda Ridgeline