Brake Controller for Highlander 2021

jebelhafitjebelhafit Member Posts: 16
Has anyone installed a fixed brake controller on a 2021 Highlander?  My trailer dealership is recommending an RF brake controller that plugs into the 7-pin jack at the rear of the vehicle.  I would like to avoid the RF version since I do not want my brake controller exposed and the software configuration can be problematic.
Thanks,
Gary

Comments

• CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 438
    I originally wanted to hard-wire a controller into my XC-90, but for a variety of reasons, mostly concerns over how the system could interfere with the Volvo on-board computing system, eventually settled on the Prodigy RF. The controller is exposed, but in a sturdy waterproof housing that is firmly attached to the trailer. While it could conceivably be stolen, that would involve quite a bit of work for the would-be thief.
    As far as performance, the Prodigy has been flawless and I'm very satisfied with my choice. The Echo may be easier to install, but the dedicated remote control of the Prodigy is more confidence inspiring in an emergency situation.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • PaperDesignPaperDesign Member Posts: 6
    I have a Draw Tite controller hardwired into my 2020 Highlander.  It has worked well so far.  It fits nicely just below (and to the left) of the steering wheel.