Options

Alde Touch Screen Flickering - now seems OK, but not sure...

Hello, our battery failed during a recent camping trip a few weeks ago. The Alde was not turned on but while the battery was going, the Alde touch screen started flickering. Kind of like waves of light moving up and down the screen. I connected our T@B to shorepower when we got home and the touch screen was hard to get on from standby mode. Once on, I could choose options. We went camping this weekend and had an electric site. The Alde wasn't turned on but started doing the same flickering again during the evening. So I turned it on and it stopped. After a couple hours, it started again, so I turned it off and back on. It never did the flickering again. We're home now and on battery. The touch screen seems to be working fine now and I haven't seen the flickering. We have a 2018 T@B 320S. Has anyone ever seen something like this? Could it have reset itself going through a few power cycles?

Comments

• Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    edited June 2021
    Try pulling the 7.5amp fuse going to the ALDE and see if completely power cycling the unit fixes the issue.  I believe there are 2 7.5amp fuses in the WFCO power panel, one feeds the ALDE 12V main board and screen and the other powers the water pump and systems monitor.  It could have been caused by the low battery voltage from your failing battery.  Low voltage causes all kinds of weird things to happen.
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    I actually had to get to the back of the Alde panel and pull and reseat the three pin wire to resolve a badly behaving alde controller. So far so good.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    krozanski7krozanski7 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your suggestions, I'll definitely pull the fuses and see if that helps.