Options

Platform hole size?

I'm considering adding d-rings to the platform of a 2021 T@B 400 BD. To save me a trip to the storage yard (HOA constraint!), do you know the diameter of the holes in the platform? The d-rings would be for anchors for bungee cords. Thanks.
2018 Audi SQ5 + 2021 T@B 400 BD replaces '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular (same mpg with half the range)

Comments

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited July 2021

The holes in my 2020 BD platform are 1.5 inches.  I bought some truck bed stake hole pocket anchors at Home Depot.  They work great!
  • Options
    geoBgeoB Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2021
    Yow! Didn't know these existed. I'm guessing you got some of this:

(oops, missed TNOutback's photo)
    2018 Audi SQ5 + 2021 T@B 400 BD replaces '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular (same mpg with half the range)
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 268
    Don’t know the exact diameter but do know that I used 2” fender washers on the underside of the platform to anchor the bolts I used to secure rectangular milk crates onto the platform for storage purposes. The washers had a sufficient diameter to keep from pulling through the platform hole.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    geoB said:
    Yow! Didn't know these existed. I'm guessing you got some of this:

(oops, missed TNOutback's photo)
    Yes, exactly that.
  • Options
    geoBgeoB Member Posts: 67
    Here's my guess at the hole pattern, based on the first photo in this thread and Binghi's 2" fender washers.

Holes are 11/2" in diameter on 4" centers. Corrections are welcome.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    @geoB ;
    I just drilled a few holes in the platform; hole larger than bungee cord hook diameter and about 0.5 inch from the large platform holes I needed needed to use as an anchor point.

Bungee holds great with 'cord' over the platform hole and bungee 'hook tip' coming up in my extra hole.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+