Options

How do I install this spare tire mount?

happycampahappycampa Member Posts: 3
edited August 2021 in Products and Accessories
My Tab 320S came without the spare tire mount because it was out of stock. It finally arrived but without any instructions. It is supposed to fit underneath the tongue. I have the Jack It bicycle rack and automatic hitch package installed in case that matters. Appreciate any help on installing this. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    edited August 2021
    I really can't help with the installation except to tell you that on my new 320, the hex nut that drops/raises the spare is accessible from the tub roughly the center, but near the front edge, as you can see in the photo. The bracket that holds it is bolted through the tub and the shelf (you can see the heads of three of the bolts - the fourth is obscured by the propane bottle). I suspect that the two bolts you see near the top of the phote (the rear of the tub) hold the bracket that actually secures the tire and from which the cable drops.
    Frankly, I don't think this is something you as the new owner should have to handle. Your T@B should have been delivered with the spare and all of its hardware in place and if it was shipped short, your dealer should install it for you.

Edit: The Jack-It will not interfere with anything (I have one on mine).
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    scottincarmelscottincarmel Member Posts: 29
    I too received the spare tire bracket for my 2021 320S-BD directly from Nucamp without instructions. I got it shortly before Ucamp21, so I figured I'd ask Nucamp about it while at Ucamp. Long story short, they suggested I take it to the dealer and let them install it, which I wound up doing. Apparently it involves removing the propane tub, etc., which sounded like more work than I wanted to tackle. 
    2021 T@B 320S-BD
    2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    Carmel, IN