Options

Issue with Thetford Cassette Toilet

New to the TAB 320S world.  We had a little issue with our 2021 TAB320S cassette.  Noticed water under the bathroom door one morning.  We had AC on all night so thought it may have been condensation.  Turns out the cover on floor of Thetford toilet cassette compartment dislodged somehow when inserting the cassette.  The cassette went in easily and locked in place however the cover became pushed to the back of the compartment under one of the wheels causing the cassette to improperly seal. The overnight products leaked into the cabin under the bathroom door threshold.  We were on a slight slant towards the door otherwise may never have known (yikes).  Once figured out, we have had no further issues.  Now, I am careful to check that this cover is in place when I insert the cassette.  Thought it was worth mentioning.  I'm realizing there is a learning curve to the RV world.
2021 320S BD
2020 V6 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    The Thetford owners manual says that compartment under the cassette is for storage of liquid cassette products (maybe for cleaning, etc).  I suppose the cover insures the little compartment does not become over-stuffed and interfere with removal/install of the cassette.  If you don't put anything in there, the cover doesn't do much, if anything. If the cover interferes with removal/install of the cassette, I would remove it.

However, that does not apply to the original poster's problem, as his cover is already gone.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona