Options

Houston Austin T@B group?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    JiroTX - How exciting.  We are new retirees and campers.  Our time is very flexible  Week after Thanksgiving and early March will be great for us.  Once you decide, we can start a new thread "Big Bend event for LGers ..." 
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    propuspropus Member Posts: 54
    Playc, I put your Inks Lake dates on my calendar. Will have to see how my Sept sched shapes up, but will try to be there.
  • Options
    propus - Great.  I've created a new invitation thread also.  Hope to see you there. 
  • Options
    AllisonAllison Member Posts: 8
    How do I find the invitation tread. I'd like to go. Are you going to try to get sites near each other?
  • Options
  • Options
    JiroTXJiroTX Member Posts: 124
    Playc, I've been talking to my friend in Japan. It looks like they cannot come over before 3/18/16. If they arrive on 3/18, we can leave on 3/19 (hopefully early in the morning) and arrive on the same day (7-8pm). We will probably be there between 3/19-3/24.
  • Options
    Hi JiroTX - Thanks for sharing the schedule.  The 3/19 dates may work for us also but won't be able to confirm until November.  I will start a new thread ""Hope you can be there - Big Bend National Park 3/19-3/25/2016".
  • Options
    pcaddypcaddy Member Posts: 36
    So happy to meet other Texans!  I am a new T@B owner from the Dallas area.  Am leaving on 9/30 for the antique festival at Round Top  then will be at Lake Arrowhead SP near Wichita Falls October 8th.  If you have not been to a camp ground yet in your T@B -- Be ready!  I was gone for a month this summer and at every camp ground the T@B was the topic of discussion with people stopping by to see it and ask questions.  I would like to see a rally formed at the factory in Ohio next year -- it would be really nice to visit with other T@B owners.  PlayC-- Enjoy Inks Lake it is beautiful there and try to visit the cave that is nearby where they used to have dances during prohibition days!
  • Options
    moniraqmoniraq Member Posts: 46
    San Antonio here! My work schedule has been killer as of late so I haven't taken the T@B out since July. I'm planning on a week-long trip somewhere in Texas sometime in November. Don't know where yet but thinking about Galveston or that general area. I've heard Matagorda Bay park is nice. Anyway, nice to see other Texans out and about. Sorry I missed the Inks Lake gathering. Big Bend sounds like fun. I'll be looking for more info.
    Monica (aka GlobeDiva)
    2014 T@b Max "Q"
    TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC60 T5
  • Options
    moniraq and pcaddy - Glad to know you folks are also in the area.  We had a great time at inKs Lake S. P.  We met Allison and popus there and enjoyed the campfire and w*ne.  We also learned quite a few tips from them.

Planning on a trip to Lake Conroe in the next 2 weeks.  Will post more info once plan is finalized.
  • Options
    We plan to camp at Galveston state park from Monday 10/5.  Latest weather reports fall like conditions from this weekend on.

Hope to see you there. 
  • Options
    tabhappytabhappy Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2016
    Camping season is almost here and I'm gettin an itch!  My husband and I live in the Dallas area and am interested in any gatherings within a couple of hundred miles.  We've only gone on a one nighter (not including the driveway!) before winter set in.  I'm still having fun tweaking it but now it's time....let's go!  
    Duh, just noticed the Big Bend post is for this year!
       Dena & Jim  Plano, Texas
    Became Tabbers Oct. 24, 2015

• Options
    AustinRoamersAustinRoamers Member Posts: 45
    We are in Austin and would love to be in the loop for any Texas meet-ups!
    Kat & Sam      Austin, TX        2018 T@B 400           "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    We just moved to the DFW area from Phoenix and as soon as I get this house squared away I can't wait to take our little T@b out.  Still exhausted from unpacking and not quite done yet!
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Big Bend is next month, but I don't think anybody is coming. It basically requires reservations (there are some walk up sites, but it's almost impossible to get those). I booked the site 6 months in advance...
    We should setup a gathering somewhere. I have been camping this year on weekends since it's been a mild winter (it was 74F today). I am also going to Daingerfield SP this weekend. It is going to be pretty hard to book state park campgrounds between March-May on weekends depend on where you are going. I usually check the weather around Wednesday and look for available sites around here if the weather is good for the weekend. We have Martin Creek Lake SP and Tyler SP 30 mins from here, and Daingerfield SP and Caddo Lake SP an hour from here. Since I work full time Mon-Fri, these are basically the only ones I go. When I go to Houston Area, I usually stay at Brazos Bend SP.
    I've noticed most people in this area camp on weekdays, so it is kind of hard for me to join their gatherings...
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited February 2016
    Big Bend is a full 8 hour drive from the Dallas area, isn't it? That's more than I could do in a weekend. I'd spend more time driving than camping. When you say "from here" do you mean Dallas or somewhere else? I don't know the state parks here yet and I work full time Monday-Friday too.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    It is 10-11 hours from here, so yes, it would be 8+ hours from Dallas. This is not a weekend trip by the way. I planned this over 6 months ago (went there last year around the same time, too). For weekend camping around Dallas Area, we should do it at one of the state parks (Dinosaur Valley/Cedar Hill/Lake Mineral Wells/Tyler/Lake Tawakoni). Dinosaur Valley SP is 3+ hours drive for me, but it is still doable.
    Again, it is really hard to book a camp site for weekends. In this area, Tyler SP's lakeview site is not available for next couple of months. Non-lakeview sites are still available. I usually go to Martin Creek Lake SP because they are always available (usually do not need reservations) and way cheaper than Tyler SP. Since Texas weather changes so often, I can't decide until Wed-Thu. It's probably the same for good campsites in Dallas area.
  • Options
    aphillips76aphillips76 Member Posts: 15
    We'll be moving to Austin in April and bringing our T@B 400 with us. Would love to meet up with other owners...
  • Options
    BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
    Hello fellow Texans. I too would like to join your merry band of travelers. What is next on your agenda?
    I picked up my new 320 last weekend, which is my first travel trailer.

Gerri (Gary) Ewing
    Montgomery TX
    Gerri (Gary) Ewing
    Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
    2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
    Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

• Options
    JonInHoustonJonInHouston Member Posts: 9
    I'm in Houston.
    2005 T@B Dutchman
  • Options
    awandlerawandler Member Posts: 20
    Hello, I am a new tab owner in Austin, and was wondering if we should start a meetup.com group?  Anyone can create events once you're a member and it's more organized.  I can create it if there is interest.
    2018 TaB400, F150 (for now), Austin, Texas