Options

Proud to fly the Colors

SereneCampingSereneCamping Member Posts: 16
edited October 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
A favorite mod we added to our 320S Boondock front support bar so that we can fly our flag everywhere we travel!!!

9x9 wood block cut from a 2x10 with a Diamond plate panel from Home Depot. Construction adhesive and some brad nails, two U-bolts and the flag pole support and we’re in business. This was a fun little afternoon project made a whole lot easier with my Dremel so the panel corners could be cut to easily wrap the corners of the wood block nice and neat.
2021 T@B 320S Boondock “Serenity”
2020 Honda Passport

Comments

• Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    I like it. As an FYI, I believe when displaying a US flag on a vehicle the flag should be mounted on the right (passenger) fender. Double-check me on that. Then again, a T@B doesn't really have a fender! ;-) 

Huge "A" for idea and effort! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    As a longtime member of an American Legion Post, I would encourage anyone wanting to display the flag to read The United Sates Flag Code and contact their local American Legion Post if you have any questions.
    Questions about properly displaying the flag often arise. There has been much discussion over the years at our post about how to address these issues when they arise. It's my post's unofficial position that members should not proactively try to correct every instance of a flag not being displayed correctly (at least in an official capacity as a member of our American Legion Post) because we do not want to discourage people from doing so. If the "infraction" is egregious enough or if we are asked to get involved we simply educate and in some cases help to rectify the issue. We have replaced torn or frayed flags and will proper dispose of worn flags for people. We have also helped to install spot lights where the flag can not be taken down at sunset.
    My own post has been accused and even guilty of not following the code which, admittedly, can be difficult to follow at all times. In some cases it can be somewhat subjective. For example is a T@B a motorcar or even a vehicle, especially when it's unhitched and being used as a dwelling? Seems to me this is a matter of opinion. In my personal opinion, I would consider the T@B a dwelling and not a motorcar or vehicle when unhitched and being used for camping. Therefore I do not see this violating the flag code for the reasons described.

2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"
  • Options
    The fact that it's flying proudly is stellar! 

And yep...thats why I mentioned a T@B doesn't have a fender! ;-)

Fly that thing! 
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    Da_Birds said:
    As a longtime member of an American Legion Post, I would encourage anyone wanting to display the flag to read The United Sates Flag Code and contact their local American Legion Post if you have any questions.
    Questions about properly displaying the flag often arise. There has been much discussion over the years at our post about how to address these issues when they arise. It's my post's unofficial position that members should not proactively try to correct every instance of a flag not being displayed correctly (at least in an official capacity as a member of our American Legion Post) because we do not want to discourage people from doing so. If the "infraction" is egregious enough or if we are asked to get involved we simply educate and in some cases help to rectify the issue. We have replaced torn or frayed flags and will proper dispose of worn flags for people. We have also helped to install spot lights where the flag can not be taken down at sunset.
    My own post has been accused and even guilty of not following the code which, admittedly, can be difficult to follow at all times. In some cases it can be somewhat subjective. For example is a T@B a motorcar or even a vehicle, especially when it's unhitched and being used as a dwelling? Seems to me this is a matter of opinion. In my personal opinion, I would consider the T@B a dwelling and not a motorcar or vehicle when unhitched and being used for camping. Therefore I do not see this violating the flag code for the reasons described.
    Thanks for the thoughtful post. Some of the stuff that I see really makes me cringe (a flag on a beach towel? Really?) but it sounds like your American Legion Post has it right. 
    Your advice about reading the Flag Code is sound. I think that many people will be surprised.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Long may it wave.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Atta way! 
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com

• Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    Wowzers I had no idea there was so much behind flying flags - colour me edumacated! :). I need to see if we have similar guidelines here up north.. anyone know?  We are a little less outwardly with our patriotism here but would be good to know if we have some rules to follow - I keep considering some little Canadian flag decal on the back or something to spruce up the Tab :) 
  • Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    TomCanada said:
    Wowzers I had no idea there was so much behind flying flags - colour me edumacated! :). I need to see if we have similar guidelines here up north.. anyone know?  We are a little less outwardly with our patriotism here but would be good to know if we have some rules to follow - I keep considering some little Canadian flag decal on the back or something to spruce up the Tab :) 

I found rules for Canada HERE.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"