Options

AC542 faucet standard in 2022 Tab 400?

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
I've seen some pics and videos showing the 2022 Tab 400 with an AC542 chrome folding faucet installed. Is this standard and has anyone pinged a dealer for pricing?
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    @BlueYonder - Thanks. I was hoping to see dealer pricing below what I've found on the web. $200+shipping for an RV faucet is a bit spendy.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,012
    It appears to be standard now. I was as the dealership the other day to pick something up and they had a 2022 400 on the lot. It had that faucet. I honestly did not care for it as much as the old one. It is a high rise which is nice but it extends very close to the front edge of the sink which may make it prone to splashing when washing pots and pans.  But that’s just my theory. The sink just seems a little small for the faucet. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,206
    I've seen some folding faucets on Amazon but I haven't checked to see how compatible they would be with the Dometic sink. I like the gooseneck vs. what's in our 2021 right now. Ultimately I'd just rather swap out the sink for something deeper and just install a residential faucet but that's not easy.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    This is a great upgrade. The original faucet broke off and I replaced it with this one.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    PopeyePopeye Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2022 T@B 400 Boondock and it has the old (2021) faucet.  I'm more than curious what's up if others got a newer faucet design.  In addition, that's not listed as a new or upgraded item for 2022 far as I know. 
  • Options
    I'm betting its a supply issue on the folding faucet. 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,012
    The first 2022 I saw had the new faucet but I saw another one and it had the older style faucet and the older style bathroom fan.  So it could be based on the date of manufacture, earlier builds have the older faucet vs. newer ones have the new style.  Or could just be supply issues as well. We got an early production 2021 and it has a few things different than the later model 2021, ie the flooring is different and our solar plug is on the door side.  Things change slightly throughout the production year based on using up inventory, supply issues and making minor changes. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    bergger said:
    We got an early production 2021 and it has a few things different than the later model 2021, ie the flooring is different and our solar plug is on the door side.  Things change slightly throughout the production year based on using up inventory, supply issues and making minor changes. 
    And my even earlier 2021 build had no external solar plug at all...
    nuCamp does introduce some running changes as they go!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller