Options

Air-8 Filter

Has anyone found a simple way to source the replaceable filter in the Air-8.  The Truma site doesn't seem to offer parts and contacting Nucamp seems to be overkill to me for a simple filter.  I did search the forum and the one part number shown here didn't seem to go anywhere.

Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    edited March 2022
    What are the measurements of the filter?  depth?  I've thought of investigating an aftermarket filter sine we are picking up a 320S next week.  A youtube  video gave me the impression that I might be able to find a auto cabin filter substitute for replacement but after looking at your photo of the filter, it may not be a cabin-type filter...
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @SweetlyHome and @Passport the Air8 is an Elwell product and not Alde/Truma. Perhaps contacting them at elwell.com might produce results.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    @Passport, as @dragonsdofly suggests I did at the time ultimately contact Elwell.  I was negligent when I did not post the results of that conversation.  I spoke to one of their technicians.  As I remember it being explained the filter is a custom size made for them.  They will (would have) sold me one on special order at $50-$60?

The tech also said it is not intended to be changed but cleaned using a vacuum which I have now done a couple of times.  It seems quite durable.  My greater concern is the pre-filter mesh in the green cover which is very delicate.

I don't have the size recorded.  You will have lots of time to measure and search before you need one in your new T@B.  It's not something like a fuse or water pressure regulator needed on day one.

Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner