Options

Packing T@B for The Blue Ridge Rally

belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
edited April 2014 in Camping & Travel
It's almost time to head out for the Rally. 
Who on this forum is attending? 
What gear are you taking? 
What food are you planning to prepare? 
When are you arriving, so you know your site #? 
Do you have your "camping gift swap"" item already planned? 
Is anyone taking a drill? 
T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, Neil, looks like we need to pack our "Warm" camping gear. Sorry to see that it may be overcast and windy. The wind bothers me more than the rain. 
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Have a blast, Blue Ridgers!  If you like float trips, you might check out Zaloo's Canoes.  
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Have a great time!!!  I wish so bad I could go.  Maybe next year . . . save some good times for me.  Be safe, everyone and T@Bhugs to all. :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Hey guys, acc. weather show T storms at BRR location. Are u still going today? Waiting ti tomorrow? Is there a BRR info site I do not know about?
    Cloudy is one thing but Thunderstorms are all together different. We are 2 hours away staying with relatives.what are y all doing?
  • Options
    BillandElaineBillandElaine Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2014
    We are waiting until Thursday to make the trip. Up in MD we expect 2-4 inches of rain and high winds today.

Bill
    Mount Airy, MD
    2014 T@B CS-S
    2011 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    Safe travels. Hope u have a vent cover! Thanks for reply.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Have a great time down there this week for those who are going.  I wish I were.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Neil, be safe. Our nephew has a great place for food and music in Black Mountain. The Ale House. Down the road from Ashville.
    We are also going thru Linville Falls. We are braving the travel this afternoon.
    2564434655 if u need anything.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Be safe on the ride down Belva, it is pouring here in NOVA, lots of flooding, they are calling for 3-4 inches of rain today.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited April 2014
    Sharon has a blog with daily updates.  She usually posts to the Facebook and Yahoo pages, as well.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Thanks for sharing that link... looks like a fun time.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the safe travel wishes. Safe travel is something we need not take for granted as we hook up and adventure down these busy highways. 
    We had a GREAT time at the BRR. We missed all our T@B forum buds like crazy. Richard and I were next door to Brooke, Yoly and Neil, and down the loop from Bill and Elaine. 
    Our internet has been out all week due the the bad weather in our area. Been out of touch this week. I'll post some pics and stories as I get caught up. 
    Unpacking T@B for sure. I had too much stuff with me. Too much food, gear, clothes. Will I ever learn? 
    I just learned that my Mother's Day gift from Missy is a new Battery Tender. Yea!!! Just what a campin Mom needs. (Something to keep me charged)
    :-*
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Where's the "like" button? Belva, we're still waiting on your "warranty" update, and any BRR tales will be welcome. Glad everyone had fun, and got home safe.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Neil -- Just looked at your pics and they are GREAT!  I'm glad the weather cleared up, as it was looking quite rainy.  I hope to be able to attend next year.  Boy, I wish Thermarest still made their awning.  You got some good pics of everyone's set ups, which I particularly like to see in order to get ideas for my T@B.  Keep up the good work. :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)