Options

Filling Fresh Water Tank

2022 Tab 320s bd arrive at campground and notice posted that all water at campsites is turned off. But an outlet is available near the entrance with a sign to fill your tank before going to your site.  Do I just connect a hose to the left inlet on the Nautilus and open the tap until full?  Should pump be running?  What position for the handles?  I tried to get answer from looking at the many posts, but this newbie is still confused.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    Towhee said:
    2022 Tab 320s . . .
    Do I just connect a hose to the left inlet on the Nautilus and open the tap until full?
    Should pump be running?
    What position for the handles?
    Place your Nautilus Handles in the City Water, Fill Tank Position.
    Water Pump Off.
    City Water pressure will fill the the Tank.

Picture from Nautilus 2.5 manual:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,217
    edited December 2021
    Once you see/hear water coming out of the overflow tube under the trailer then you’ll know when to stop. Don’t rely on the interior instrument panel to tell you when it’s full. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    TowheeTowhee Member Posts: 47
    Ok That's what I did except I relied on the instrument panel to indicate when the tank was full.  After selecting Dry Camp at the Nautilus I tried the pump which did not produce any water anywhere.  Later when I drained the FW tank I got only a gallon or so even though the panel said full.  I'm guessing not enough to prime the pump.  Just to be sure, I should only use the left inlet on the Nautilus to siphon anti freeze or dilute bleach solution, right?
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    Towhee said:
    . . . Just to be sure, I should only use the left inlet on the Nautilus to siphon anti freeze or dilute bleach solution, right?
    Ans: Correct.

Suggest you review PDF file attached to first post of this thread
    And Nautilus User Manual . . . available on-line

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    TowheeTowhee Member Posts: 47
    @ MuttonChops. Thanks, I think I finally got it.