Options

Walker Tent

cthruglasscthruglass Member Posts: 7
edited December 2021 in Products and Accessories
Just received my Walker tent for 2021 320 S Boondock. Love it but it’s big & bulky. 
Anyone have any suggestions for packing & traveling with it?  

Comments

• Options
    Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 204
    Congrats! which one did you get?
    I'm thinking of getting the one with the inflatable posts.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi,  We have a walker tent for our '21 320 BD.  Our approach is to leave the side and front walls home unless the weather is going to be conducive to needing a fully enclosed tent.  There are times when we love having the totally enlcosed tent, but it's not needed all the time.  Then, we only take the poles, top and floor.  We also have a car top carrier where we put the tent while traveling.  This comes in handy when it rains the night before you leave and the top and floor are still wet..good luck
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    cthruglasscthruglass Member Posts: 7
    Thank you! Great suggestions, especially roof top carrier for wet tent! 
  • Options
    SandytoesflaSandytoesfla Member Posts: 2
    Hi! We just received our walker tent and are planning to spend NYE putting it up for practice! Fingers crossed! Do you have a Thule or similar rooftop carrier for the tent? That sounds like a really good tip! 
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi, 

We have a Thule on top of our Jeep GC.  The first time setting up can take a while.  But now we can put up the visor portion in 30 min or less.  The rest takes about 15 min or so.  Watch the video and mark the poles with a sharpie.  Have fun….
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    SandytoesflaSandytoesfla Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! We got it up and adjusted it and used tape to mark the parts to make it easier for next time. The tent is really nice! I see what you mean about putting it away wet or even just damp from condensation. I think we will look into a Thule.