Options

Trying to hook up a fire stick to Jensen tv using hot spot

Hi.....Wondering if anyone has been successful in using a fire stick hooked up to the stock Jensen tv (Tab400 2021) using a hot spot on my cell..
Works on my computer but just trying to use it with the tv.
Thanks!!!  Sandy

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi,  We have a TAB 320.  If it's the same, we've been successful.  We plug the firestick into the Jenson cube HDMI outlet.  You have to power the firestick.  We run the firestick's power USB cord from the firestick to a USB outlet.  We tune the Jensen cube to "HDMI" input.  Then we use our phone to create a hotspot to get a signal to the firestick.  Then it's just like a home.  You can also plug the firestick directly into the TV (I think) & then everything else is the same.  The TV would have to be tuned to the HDMI input.  Hope that helps..good luck and happy watching...
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 616
    I think @SandyKelly situation different, trying to connect directly to the TV and not through the Jenson.

SandyKelly, Are you using the Firestick remote, or your phone as the remote?  I had issues trying to do that with a Chromecast.  I Googled using iphone hotspot for Firestick and found several responses indicating it's doable.

Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA