Options

Posting With an Android Tablet

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
edited July 2015 in Help - Computer & System
I wanted to let folks know that the forum now has a mobile version that seems to be working very well with Andriod tablets. I am posting this message with mine!

Thanks for the upgrade!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    edited November 2014
    This must be what I have been using with my Android phone.  I can view the non mobile site with my phone, but cannot enter a post there. If I view the site in mobile view, I can post (but can see no signatures). I can, in mobile, view people's photos and post same, so so far it works for me. I may have to log on on one of my pc's to get that sig line modified.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    The mobile version does not sow signature lines, to save space, as well as a few other things, but it allows you to read and post, as well as see photos, and I think for the mobile user that is probably all that would be needed.  I am just happy I can now post right away instead of waiting to get beck to my computer to only then forget what I was going to post.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    Cool! I've been using my Android smartphone all this time.
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    OK, dumb question for you Nathan.....how do you get to the mobile version?  I've been using a link on the iPhone to both the LG and T@B forums since I became a member two years ago.  Or does this new mobile version only apply to the Android versions?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Mine defaults without trying... do you see a mobile link at the bottom of the webpage where it says "vanillaforums"?
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    I have been using the same link and all the sudden, the other day, it went to a mobile version.  For me it seems to do it automatically, and there is no apparent change in web address.  It must happen in the background.  There is a link at the bottom of each page on the mobile version to go to the full site.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    OH.......I've had the "full site" all along.  I guess I didn't realize what I had been using was considered a "mobile" version.  Thanks for the education!!!  Mike must have gotten in touch with the Vanilla people and they must have added Android to the "mobile" version.  Thanks.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”