Options

2022 Tab 400 Heat Pump?

Still confused... a question posed below was asking if the 2022 Tab 400's have a heat pump with the A/C.  Some responses below seem to indicate that it does, however these are folks talking about the 2021 model.  I downloaded the owner's manual to what I believe is a 2022 but does not have the word "heat pump" anywhere on it.

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    The 2022 has the cool cat ac so it will have the heat pump option.  When you cycle through the options on the panel you'll see "furnace" then "heat pump."  The furnace option does nothing as the trailer does not have a forced air furnace installed.  Make sure you select heat pump.  Often people try the furnace option and think the heat pump is not working or not part of the unit.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    r2heischr2heisch Member Posts: 2
    Very good then, thanks!  Looking forward to getting mine that's on order.
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    A heat pump's effectiveness is reduced as the temp drops. Also, just like a residential heat pump, it isn't going to blow hot air so don't expect it to warm as quickly as a furnace would. 
    On our 2021, our experience has been that the heat pump is fine for what it is and worked best when it was above 45, or to assist the Alde to get the camper to temp. We haven't felt the need to carry a portable heater to help with initial warm-up when we arrive at the campground but some folks do. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    crowsnestcrowsnest Member Posts: 50
    Help! Newbie here. Heat pump was working then suddenly stopped. Fuse is fine
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Make sure you do not have the vinyl cover snapped on the outside vent.  If you do it will run for a while then shut off.  At least it will with the air conditioner so I assume it will also with the heat pump.  I've forgotten to take it off twice so far! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado