Options

Got The TV Antenna Installed!

PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
edited February 1 in Modifications & Upgrades
I finally have the TV antenna installed, on the rear rack of the Boondock 320S. Maybe it's a little overkill or overdone but I'll take the antenna off for travel and plan on leaving the mast U-bolted to the rack.  It is multi-directional, purchased off of Amazon for $39.00 a few years back and never used it until now.  The mast is 3/4" electrical EMT tubing. Here are a couple of photos of the antenna.  I have yet to put the lower U-bolts in place.  And I'm going to cut the shaft of the U-bolts off due to length.

Comments

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Nice. Just got done putting an omni directional antenna on the front.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    Yeah, but your photo is right side up, mine is sideways.  Do you have to take the mast down for travel?  I don't want to create a safety hazard.
  • Options
    Passport said:
    Yeah, but your photo is right side up, mine is sideways.  Do you have to take the mast down for travel?  I don't want to create a safety hazard.
    No, it's on all the time. it telescopes down to about the middle of the window.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited April 2022
    Did you mount the King OmniGo like that because you camp in areas were it's hard to get a signal? I use mine on the ground on the tripod and I get a minimum of about 25 channels every where I've used it.  Just curious. I like the mounted telescoping post. I'm a big tv bug so I want lots of choices! 
  • Options
    Did you mount the King OmniGo like that because you camp in areas were it's hard to get a signal? I use mine on the ground on the tripod and I get a minimum of about 25 channels every where I've used it.  Just curious. I like the mounted telescoping post. I'm a big tv bug so I want lots of choices! 
    I did it for minimal set up time, the ability to use in in parking lots and rest areas when traveling, and when in a crowded RV area like a music festival I wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to set it or it being blocked by other RVs. As it sits there in the lowered position in my metal garage with the doors shut, I get 28 good channels from about 35 miles away. Much better than I ever expected.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    SLJ How did you mount antenna to the pole? Is that pvc pipe you are telecoping into? I realy like your set up! Thanks for showing us. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    gulfarea said:
    SLJ How did you mount antenna to the pole? Is that pvc pipe you are telecoping into? I realy like your set up! Thanks for showing us. Art
    Yes, the PVC electrical conduit is two sections that can be lowered when towing. I used three stainless hose clamps and locking pins to hold the pole in the lowered or full height position. More info: https://solocanoes.com/camper.htm
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    SLJ Thanks so much! One more question how do you deal with the excess  cable wire when you push the pole down so the wire does not drag on the road. Thanks so much Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    gulfarea said:
    SLJ Thanks so much! One more question how do you deal with the excess  cable wire when you push the pole down so the wire does not drag on the road. Thanks so much Art
    I have a little weatherproof box at the bottom of mast the the five or so feet of excess coils up in. That was added after the picture above.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
  • Options
    Roamy400Roamy400 Member Posts: 19
    I got mine made up as well, Used an extendable painters pole for the mast. The mount is made from pipe that the handle would just fit in and welded up so I could bolt it on around the frame. Used a painters swivel to mount the antenna to. works great. I store the pole and cable in the onboard hose tube, we don't use it for sewer hose.
    2020 T@B 400 Solo (Roamy)/ 2008 Tundra Limited / Nashport, Ohio