Options

Nashville tips

MoosedogMoosedog Member Posts: 5
Two upstate NY Tabs heading to Nashville April 11-17 and staying at Two Rivers campground.  Looking for any tips on the campground, things to see, places to go both in the city and any attractions outside the city.  Also hiking and biking.   Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    We like going to Opry Mills Mall, the Grand Ole Opry, and the Country Music Hall of Fame. There is also the General Jackson Riverboat Dinner Cruise. We stayed at the KOA right near Two Rivers the last time we actually stayed the night there. (We're actually only 2 hours away from Nashville). The Country Music Hall of Fame is downtown, so you'll have to find paid parking several blocks away if you are towing when visiting.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    For walking or running or biking you will be close to the Shelby Bottoms Greenway. Highly recommend. For more challenging hikes in Nashville the west side has Percy Warner Park which is great. Enjoy.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    I'd add in seeing the Ryman Auditorium, that's the "mother church of bluegrass music"!  You can check on The Ryman's website to see what shows might be running while you are there.  There's a lot of history in that building (the wife used to guide tours there).
    I would also throw in with @Mouseketab ideas and add Opryland Hotel, the inside is pretty cool to wander through and you will be right next door almost at Two Rivers.
    Also check out Montgomery Bell State Park and Radnor Lake SP for hiking and biking, MB is just west of Nashville and RL just south.
    We live a bit south of Nashville but get up there for bluegrass music whenever we can.  I'll check out some of the haunts and let you know if I see anything interesting.
    If you're into old cars there's the Lane Motor Museum on Murphreesboro Pike and Marathon Motor Works on the west side of the downtown area.
    Happy Trails!
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips.  We do have tickets for a Grand Old Opry show and will tour the Ryman and Johnny Cash museum and probably studio B.  We will look into the other places listed here as well.  We are there for a week so plenty of time. 
  • Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    We live in West TN. If I'm camping in Nashville, my first choice would be Cedar Creek COE on Old Hickory Lake. Cedar Creek (TN), Old Hickory Lake - Recreation.gov
  • Options
    Had a great trip. Two weeks total. One week in Nashville at Two Rivers campground.  Broadway with all the free bands, Country Music Hall of Fame, The Ryman, Wild Horse Saloon, Farmers Market all were increadible.  The best though for me was the Grand Ole Opry.  I am a long time semi professional musician raised on country music beginning with Hank Williams, Jim Reeves etc and still play some of those songs.  We hit the Opry on the night they were celebrating Loretta Lynn’s 90th bday and while she wasn’t there, her sister Crystal Gale was, along with another sister (Peggy Sue) and Lorreta’s granddaughter who was fantastic.  A dream night for me.  We also biked on the Shelby Bottoms Greenway which was great.  Thanks all for the tips! 
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    Glad you had a great time @Moosedog!  
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4