Options

Bed Lights w/ 12v USB

I saw a post where somebody was asking why they don’t put 12v USB outlets by the bed in the 400. They put an inverter-powered USB port there but obviously that means running the inverter.

While I haven’t pulled the trigger on this it appears to be the same bed light that comes with the 400 but includes a 12v USB port. The price is steep right now but it was $25 a few weeks ago. They should just put these in all 400s.

12V USB Reading Light Warm White with Adjustable Touch Dimmer Switch, Flexible Polished Chrome Body and Acrylic Lampshade, 2.55 inch Small Base Diameter Install on RV Caravan Trailer Car Boat Ship https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXVD4HN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S2PVQES518GT0GHNNPGW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    That is a nice looking light, but look closely at the specs.  One of the overlooked specs on lighting is the "Color Rendering Index".  The higher the number, the better the colors look.  I replaced my reading lamps with a "gooseneck" style last year, and along with a warmer color temp, it has a Rendering Index of over 90.  The lights you posted above say the CRI is about 80.  
    I'm sure there is a light out there with the USB in the base with better color characteristics.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    I can’t comment to the color rendering quality but I believe this might be made by the same manufacturer as the ones used in the 400. I don’t see any other company that makes this style of light. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Most likely the 12 volt powered USBs are drawing battery power all the time. That's a no for those of us that don't use shore power. I put all mine on a switch. Way too many things in a T@B that are always on.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York