Options

Temporary tags?

BucksterBuckster Member Posts: 62
Now that we have purchased our 320, we are selling our old camper. We live in Ohio and the buyer lives in Pennsylvania. Does anyone know what the buyer needs to do in order to obtain temporary tags to drive it from Ohio back to their home in Pennsylvania? I was planning to take my current Ohio tags off of it when I sell it.
2022 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock
2018 Nissan Frontier 4x4
SW Ohio

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited April 2022
    Yes, there is a "in transit" tag the buyer can get from Pennsylvania. It's valid for a short period of time for the trip only.  It only costs like $5

Absolutly do not leave your tags on. 
  • Options
    BucksterBuckster Member Posts: 62
    Thanks TabbyShack. I did a little research on the "in-transit" tag and it appears to allow out-of-state buyers to purchase a vehicle in PA and then drive it back to their home state.  Do you know if they work the other way as well? My buyer is coming to OH and will be transporting the camper to their home in PA.
    2022 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock
    2018 Nissan Frontier 4x4
    SW Ohio
  • Options
    I know, for example, I live in Maryland and I sold my T@b to a man in Virginia. He went to DMV in Virginia and got an in transit tag for $5. It was valid for a week i think.  So your buyer should be able to buy the in transit tag in PA to get it legally home back in PA.   I don't know this for fact but this is how it worked for me and I've heard other states do that.