Options

Upgrading sound by adding Bluetooth

SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
Lets face it, the built in Jensen stereo speakers in the TA@B only sound acceptable at really low volume. The TV is about the same. It's a tight space and I really didn't find much I could squeeze in there to replace them with.
I added an Aisidra Bluetooth transmitter (it's also a receiver) to the Line Out of the Jensen stereo and got a Bose SoundLink Flex Bluetooth Portable Speaker (waterproof) which sounds great. Being Bluetooth, the Bose speaker works inside and outside the T@B and has at least a 30-40 foot range... and before you freak out about playing music outside, we use our T@B for antique shows and music festivals also. There's many times we like to sit outside and listen to our music library on a USB drive from the Jensen stereo when we're not camping.
I thought there might be an issue with audio sync with the TV sound but I was happy to find the Aisidra Bluetooth Transmitter does not have any noticeable sound lag running from the TV to the stereo, and then out through the transmitter.
Both the Bluetooth transmitter and Bose speaker last several hours on a single charge and recharge and play while charging using our USB ports. Now we can listen to good high fidelity sound from the TV playing through the stereo and have our music inside and outside with no wires to mess with. I do have some additional install notes here: https://solocanoes.com/camper.htm

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
The Finger Lakes of New York

Comments

• Options
    TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    I very much like this idea.  In the 400, there are multiple zones, but the one in the back is just a single speaker.  It is odd for watching movies.

I wish that NuCamp would stop putting Jensens in altogether.  They could just make some cubby holes for a decent set of bluetooth speakers near the front and then a place for them in the back on each side of the TV.

They could even emboss them with NuCamp.  Then in the future when people go to buy our old Tabs having the speakers will be asked about.

I do think, once labor is factored in, it may even save the company money.
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    I'll sometimes bring my Bose SLIII BT speaker with me. I'm not sure if the Aisidra Bluetooth transmitter adds much for the cost/effort but that is a matter opinion. If boondocking I'd just assume not having to use the Jensen head unit at all and just stream right from my phone/laptop to my speaker. The Jensen system is acceptable at the volume we generally listen at when we're using the T@B otherwise.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"