Options

Jensen FM reception

Rarely do I listen to the Jensen on radio. This evening I am, but the sound is fuzzy - why ? Poor reception, but I am close to the station: local or on board interference: speakers out of sync: or just a poor receiver ? Comments and help please.
400 - 2019
St Catharines, ON

Comments

• Options
    RVMikeRVMike Member Posts: 24
    Hi RCB.  We have owned more than several RV's with Jensen radios over the years.  The Navion, the Sprit, the several Fleetwood trailers before that. None of those Jensen radios received very well.  I do not blame it on the antenna anymore.  I blame it on the sensitivity of the Jensen radio.  The sensitivity of the Subaru radio parked right next to the T@B always works better.  I have given up trying to make any Jensen radio work better.  Sorry I can't help.
    Mike and Priscilla, White Salmon, WA
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge, 2020 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    Can't help either but can sympathize. The performance of the Jensen unit on our 320 , particularly its radio reception, is awful. And that poor performance draws a lot of power, even when in standby.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    kurtkurt Member Posts: 11

To improve your radio reception, make an external wire antenna and attach it to the outside RV antenna arm with an alligator clip big enough to fit on without pulling off. I use a single copper wire that is coated and approximately 8-10 feet long, and it picks up more radio stations than my tow vehicle is able to receive. The length might make a difference, but I have not experimented with that. It will be directional, so I move it around if needed, and I also try to keep it parallel to the ground.