Options

ANother Ordering Question!

ELKELK Member Posts: 213
How do you know what fabrics, floorings, walls are available? The catalog is limited to those 4 upholstery choices.
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    I'd talk with your dealer and/or the factory.  When I ordered my 6x10 SS, I was able to have them put in a black and white checkerboard floor and black countertops.  I'm not sure how open they are to custom orders like that these days since it understandably slows down production,  worth asking, though!!
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Definitely check with your dealer.  We are special ordering our T@B CS-S Outback wannabe and they were very open to everything we wanted to special order.  
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    I'd call the factory too. In our experience, even a well-intentioned dealer may not know what modifications are doable (we ended up without outdoor shower which we were interested to get b/c oyr dealer thought that it could not be added to Maxx package... which is not the case.).
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    Yes...the fellow I talked to said that an outdoor shower was not doable...

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, dealers often times don't know - Mine did and didn't.
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    We ordered our T@b from an RV dealer that had just started carrying the T@b line, and just from my own research on line and one visit to an RV show knew a lot more about what was available than did the salesman. You might want to call Little Guy directly. On a different issue I called Little Guy and the person who answered the phone was more than helpful and patient with me. There can be an advantage to the RV dealer not knowing about the product he is selling. I was quoted what seemed like a great price for my 2016 S Maxx Sofitel with the add-a-room tent and when I picked up the T@b 8 weeks later there was no tent. They apparently forgot to order it, and did so the day I picked up the camper. It appears that the dealer ate the extra cost. The negatives of working with a dealer unfamiliar with the T@b showed up in part when they gave us an almost two hour "walk through" and the technician admitted he knew nothing about the Alde or how it worked since he had never seen nor heard of it before my T@b arrived from the factory. Fortunately for me the Alde has worked perfectly and without issue. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Yep, talk to the folks at Little Guy or Pleasant Valley first.

If for some reason I ever replace my T@B, that's what I'm going to do, is nail down all the details of a special order, THEN go to dealer(s), hand them the sheets I've already worked out, and have them earn my business with price.

Also, after looking at the way the factory is set up, don't think special orders take too much longer to assemble.

Everything is modular. The cabinet shop builds all the cabinet pieces, the plumbing and electrical sections have all of their work orders, the upholstery shop has it's work orders. Then the T@Bs, start on the line with the frame, the floor is added, then the various pieces from the various departments are added as it goes down the line.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    R&DAndrews we place our order this week. May I ask what you included in your order? Anything you wish you included but didn’t? Thanks!

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    3 years laterand I just ordered slip covers!
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Ha! Good for you!
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.