Options

I bought a T@B today!

ELKELK Member Posts: 213
I went over to the dealer on a whim to get a price on a non Tabitha and it turns out that they have one with exactly what I would have chosen coming in mid AUgust. The person who ordered it lost financing, so it was coming to Portland without a home...Got a nice deal.

NOw I'm doing the freak!out! dance because I've never had a trailer before and, am I really going to hitch 2000 lbs to the bumper of my brand new dream Volvo? 

Please remind me of the unmitigated pleasure of this little treasure!
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Congrats - You'll love it.
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    How exciting!  Believe me, I understand the squeamishness about hitching to a new car.  I just hitched my T@DA to my Lexus RX450h hybrid for the first time for a 1400 mile trip.  I am certain you will love, love, love your new T@B.  Nothing like the freedom they provide.  Now your job is to not fill the next couple of weeks buying everything that Camping World has to offer  ;). Good luck with that!  =)
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    I'll echo Lisa - Stay away from Camping World, get some time in your new T@B before you go on your shopping spree or you'll end up with all kinds of stuff you just "thought" you needed :-)
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Congrats from a new/first camper owner also.  I bought quite a few accessories per suggestions from the wonderful folks on the Forum.  FWIW Amazon RV store beats Camping World on every item.

We take our very first camping trip Monday. 
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    Lisa33 said:
    How exciting!  Believe me, I understand the squeamishness about hitching to a new car.  I just hitched my T@DA to my Lexus RX450h hybrid for the first time for a 1400 mile trip.  I am certain you will love, love, love your new T@B.  Nothing like the freedom they provide.  Now your job is to not fill the next couple of weeks buying everything that Camping World has to offer  ;). Good luck with that!  =)
    Lisa, you're my girl for today!! 
    I'm 15lbs over recommended TW for the Volvo... (165lbs and the T@B I bought is 180) which worries me....but both the Volvo service manager and the RV service manager told me I could use a WDH and that there is always wiggle room...just not too much.  That is putting my head in a spin...!! (The model without the A/C and 3 way fridge and entertainmnet system is 165lbs...)
    Yet the UK specs on the same car give  it a thumbs up....Ack!

• Options
    thanks for the encouragement! i need it!
  • Options
    You can lighten your tongue weight by loading your T@B more heavily toward the back.
  • Options
    Actually...feeling much better...TW of180 was from 2013. The 2015 specs for the Max s say TW is 155.  I'm happy following the numbers and not going crazy mathematically!!!
  • Options
    BgkirkBgkirk Member Posts: 66
    Elk,

Congrats. Sounds like you are in the Portland area as we are. We love our T@B as I am sure you will too.  Brian and Vivian
    Brian Kirk - 2015 T@Bulous CS-S M@x - Portland Or