BBQ quick connect

I find it hard to plug in my bbq quick disconnect.  Maybe my arms are too short.  I also have to pretty much get under the trailer.  Why didn't they terminate the hose a bit closer to the exterior walls?  Anyone modify the gas line or have any other ideas?
2022 Tab 320 Boondock
2011 Toyota Sienna

Comments

• manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    I’ve thought about putting an elbow and short run of line so the disconnect points towards the passenger side. It would be a lot easier to access. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • DanSeesDanSees Member Posts: 49
    I added a line & clamped it to the rear tubeular bumper. I removed the ball valve & installed a union where the ball valve was. I installed the ball valve & quick connect at the bumper. It does not protrude beyond the bumper, but I can now connect it easily by just leaning over rather than laying on the ground. 
    I looked at just bringing it out the side behind the passenger tire & adding a piece of steel angle iron to protect it from road trash kicking up & hitting it, but I found I would be crossing under the exhaust from the ac unit which can get pretty hot. I did not think that was very safe to have hot exhaust blowing on a fuel line.
    2021 T@b 320S Boondock 
    TV - 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Retired aircraft mechanic from AA
    2-3 several week trips per year & other trips we can squeeze inbetween our long trips.
    Avid road bicycle rider. always carry a bike or 2 with us.
  • mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    I think they were concerned about losing ground clearance. It is difficult to get to the fitting. 
  • Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 184

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• TravelPodTravelPod Member Posts: 14
    Fantastic ideas and pictures.  Thanks for the inspiration.
    2022 Tab 320 Boondock
    2011 Toyota Sienna
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 440
    Most likely they didn't run it out behind the wheel so road debris doesn't hit it. Mine's a pain to reach but If anything I'd run it out more toward the back, not to the side behind the wheel.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York