12 volt outlets upgrade

Working on adding additional 12 volt outlets to our 2021 Tab 320S. Nice to have additional options for plugging in.

Comments

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    Nicely done. Should come in handy. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    I also have added additional outlets; one USB on passenger side of the trailer in back, a dimmable light w/ USB under the storage/Microwave on driver side and a 12 volt outlet in the storage area that I plug a HDMI/Blu-Ray player in if we want to use it on a trip. The only USB/12V we absolutely never use is the one under the sink as it's too hard to access - I don't want to leave a cord in the area as it could get wet and is in the way. 
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 270
    MarkAl said:
    I also have added additional outlets; one USB on passenger side of the trailer in back, a dimmable light w/ USB under the storage/Microwave on driver side and a 12 volt outlet in the storage area that I plug a HDMI/Blu-Ray player in if we want to use it on a trip. The only USB/12V we absolutely never use is the one under the sink as it's too hard to access - I don't want to leave a cord in the area as it could get wet and is in the way. 
    Yeah. I wanted to be able to avoid using the one under the sink. I had previously been using it, but it is just too much of a hassle. This way we will have more options on where to plug in.
    Any pictures or directions to install these modifications?
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 270
    Any pictures or directions to install these modifications?
    I will see what I can come up with. Essentially I ran new wires to the two outlets and then connected them to the USB Outlet wire coming from the fuse box. That way all the usb outlets are on that one circuit. On the 12 volt USB outlets I opened them up and clipped off the LED that lights up when there is power to the outlet. This eliminates an draw on the outlets when not in use for charging. 
    @elbolillo ah, didn't look to see about removing the stupid LED - good to know but I do appreciate not setting the clock and Alde timer, these probably take significantly more power than the little LEDs.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network