Options

homemade awning is our favorite awning

I made my own awning for our T@B 400 because the two different ones I bought from All Pro Adventures were impossible for me to slide in to the aluminum awning rails, so I had to return both of them minus a restocking fee and shipping. 

So I bought a heavy duty 6' x 8' tarp with grommet holes along all the sides. It was $20 from MyTarp.com  I also bought some "Quicklinks" and some key rings that added up to another $20. also bought some SaphiRose Adjustable Tarp Poles on Amazon for $40, but you don't have to spend that much. 

Put the Quicklinks and the key rings into the grommets of the tarp, along the 6' side and the 8' side so you can choose which side to use when you go camping. I would also glue the Quicklinks closed because they will eventually vibrate loose. 

Bottom line: It slides in MUCH MUCH easier than either of the awnings we bought from All Pro Adventures. And it really doesn't look bad. We ordered silver on one side and  black on the other, and we are very happy with it. It doesn't hurt that it only costs $80!  Oh, and you can put the poles in the last grommet
for maximum length, or into the the next to the last one to make it shorter and have a little sunshade flap... so it is very adjustable.

Karen and Chris
2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
Dallas, Texas
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey

Comments