Options

My mods -1

I made a backing to the trash can with a corrugated plastic, so it holds the bag better. 

We reinforced and modified the Lagun table, so it can go against the back of the couch or outside the trailer on the lenght.  You can sit outside each side of the table but away from the trailer.

Made a couple of sets of awnings.

Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
"The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"

Comments

• Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    My mods -2
    Installed a small microwave.

... a motion detection light in the kitchen cabinet...

Curtains and shower curtain:

Got myself a carpet

And the Walker tent to accomodate my big family.  It has screens, curtains and floor and it is big !

Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
  • Options
    Mods -3
    These are my screens. They hold with industrial velcro and I can pull them up to open windows with a light metal stick.  The kitchen screen follows the curve of the window

I am now working on a mattress/sofa topper which will stay put during the day and save the room behind the couch as well as a step in making the bed.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Dame_plume excellent! -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Love it all..may have to think about the screens..thanks!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    JeansorJeansor Member Posts: 28
    I really like the trash can backing idea.  I'm curious why you decided to put the shower curtain up in the bath.
    2013 Nissan Frontier
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge: Sm@lls
  • Options
    @Jeansor Laziness, I guess.  The curtain is held by velcro and it takes 10 minutes to dry.   Wiping the whole bathroom after a shower is more elbow grease.  I also thought that in the long run, high humidity will cause musty/moldy little areas on caulking, corners and in intersections.  
  • Options
    JeansorJeansor Member Posts: 28
    Sounds like it should work out well for you.  It's so enjoyable doing things to make the campers our own.  Looks like you've been having fun! 
    2013 Nissan Frontier
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge: Sm@lls
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 209
    Thank you Dame_plume.  Our side screens do not keep out mosquitoes, seeing your upgrade taped to the interior plastic confirms my thinking on an alternative. 

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    @Maxcamp8 The screen are not taped but the velcro is.  Industrial white velcro on the window and regular black velcro sewn to the screen.  Two regular velcro would be enough for you unless you own a cat too. The velcro on the screen has to be narrower than the one on the window otherwise you will pull the one from the window everytime you lift the screen.
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 209
    Thanks.  Adding to the projects list.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    Mags80Mags80 Member Posts: 10
    Nice! The shower liner will go on this winter’s to-do list and I can keep an eye out for pretty, functional shower liner/curtains.
    where did you find. Microwave to fit the cabinet…or was cabinet modified?
  • Options
    @Mags80 I actually bought my microwave at Walmart for around 60$. We had to extend the width of the opening slightly, but the door could be put back and still fit if we wanted.  I cut the black "L" shape metal strip and glued it around the edges to give them a more professional finish.  The microwave needed to be elevated a bit into the cabinet in order to fit perfectly in the opening and I used pieces of wood that I had.  I drilled a few vent holes on the side of the cabinet and stained the inside of them.  The microwave had holes at the bottom so we screwed into those holes from under the cabinet to hold it in place.  
  • Options
    @Mags80 I tried a plastic liner before I did the fabric one.  It was bad because the water would not dry on it.  The fabric liner from a regular size shower curtain dries so easy, and takes no time to remove and put back.  I used a very thin and soft velcro on the walls which is barely noticeable because it is the exact color or the wall.  It came from a product to hang pictures, very much like Command.  It is called Hangable.