Options

Campsites with Water and Electricity (50 amp)

PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
Can I connect to 50amp? Or do I need a converter, if so, is there specific kind on Amazon?  TIA
2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston

Comments

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    You would need a converter
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Thanks.   Do you have a specific model I can order from Amazon other it's standard?

We plan to go to inks lake state park and it says campsite with 50amp only.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    We got ours at Campingworld.com. Camco brand. It's bright yellow, about 18" long and we got it because it has nice handles on the ends to make pulling it off/on easier
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Thanks.   Is this the one?
    Camco 55175 18" PowerGrip Dogbone Electrical Adapter with Handle $18.07.
  • Options
    Yep. That's it!
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    Chances are the campsite with 50 amp service will also have plugs for 30 amp and 15 amp.  I have one of the adapters, but have never needed to use it.
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Agree with Lisa - I think they specify 50 so the big rigs that require it know. Every campground with elec hookups has had both 30 and 110. Not all have had 50.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I agree with Lisa. I stayed at a large RV park in Chula Vista, CA and they didn't know what to do with a Silver Shadow teardrop. But, there was 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp plugs in the pedestal. I ran an extension cord to my ARB and my regular 30 amp cord to the SS from the pedestal. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2015
    This is what the adapter looks like. However, you likely won't need it because as several other people have said, most power pedestals that have 50amp outlet also have the 30amp outlet that your are now used to, right on the same pedestal.  The online descriptions only say 50amps so that the bigger rigs know they can hook in. That said, It can't hurt to have one of these just in case though. Keep the receipt....
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    I'll go one step further, PLAYC.  Here is a pic of a pedestal that has it all....sample.  Your mileage may vary.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Although, you should also check with the park. I stayed at a campground in Golden the really did only have 50 on the pedestal, but provided adapters.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I have also run into a campground where the 30 was bad at the post, but the 50 worked just fine, so I carry an adapter for just such circumstances.

Also for my "Uber Decorating" Halloween trip at Disney, need more power for the lights and blowups, so I hook the camper up to the 50 Amp with the adapter, use a 30-15 adapter for a power strip, plus the two regular 15 amp plugs for two more power strips.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL