Options

Replacing stabilizer jacks on 320 S

Bent stabilizer jacks after the hurricane a few weeks ago and now can get them up but not down again!   Has anyone replaced these stabilizer jacks?

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    What year is the 320?  I'm sure it was very wet...so you may just be a bit rusted up.  If you can, get under the trailer and have a good look.
    Do what you need to do with whatever you have to lubricate the big screw mechanism.  Here is a thread that shows what to look for.
    Welcome to the Forums, and hope that you and your trailer are safe.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    They are easy to replace and probably are BAL stabilizers model 23007. Readily available from Amazon and other sites. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 438
    edited October 2022
    Edit to add photo.
    I removed the BAL front stabilizers on my 2021 S BD to facilitate access to the undercarriage for ruining wiring. It is actually quite easy; you just need to remove two bolts per side. The factory fasteners were low-quality and even though the camper was never used in winter, they were already rusting. When I reinstalled the stabilizer, I replaced them with SS and nylock nuts, and also lubed the screw assembly. Should you decide to go this route, a good source for the stainless hardware is McMaster-Carr.
    Here is a shot of the leveler - you can see the one of the four nut/bolt that need to be removed to drop the entire leveler assembly out. Each of those four nuts/bolts/lock washers were replaced with stainless steel hardware.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    edited January 2023
    Ditto CharlieRN, excellent idea to replace with stainless hardware. McMasterCarr is a great source for hardware. Priced competitively and fast shipping. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    I've replaced a few. Pretty easy. May need some WD40 when loosening them when you do. If you use a drill to lower/raise them the ends can become stripped over time. That's what happened with mine and replaced them. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 256
    Just a quick suggestion.  If you use stainless bolts, I would use plated steel or Monel nuts (also available at McMaster).  Stainless on stainless can 'gall' and sieze up very easily...so if you ever have to remove them in the future...it might be tough.   
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @barbanncall here is the post from @Dalehelman on exactly how he replaced his rear stabilizers with scissor jacks. Just search it on the Forum. I have this mod and absolutely love it! 

Replacing stabilizing jacks with leveling jacks (Revisited)

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red