Options

Battery/Propane housing attachment

New T@B owner btw...2 weeks so far.  One of my recent upgrades was to place a floor under the batt/propane cover to avoid the unlikely but possible situation where my sewer hose can fall out and to prevent road spray from soaking things.  As I removed this whole assembly I was quite surprised to see that it was held in place with only 2 screws which were in two new drilled holes instead of the intended 4 slots.  When I put it back i corrected that and used the pre fabbed 4 holes and added bolts which to me seems like the way it was designed to be.  They lined up just fine so I found it very strange that the factory would have done this.  Is this normal?  I guess I can't rule out this was a returned T@B where another owner did his own thing.  I never have full trust in these RV dealers. 
2014 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk
2018 T@B 400 (white w/ red trim)

Comments

• Options
    Trum@nTrum@n Member Posts: 34
    If I'm not mistaken they are installed by the dealer when they arrive at the dealership.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, the dealer provides the propane tank and battery - and installs the cover.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Trum@n said:
    If I'm not mistaken they are installed by the dealer when they arrive at the dealership.
    Agreed. Pictures show the tub inside the T@B's cabin during transport. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Kevin@7Kevin@7 Member Posts: 66
    Ah, interesting.  Thanks.  I did know they provided the tanks and battery but thought the whole storage unit was already installed.  Doesn't make sense why they would do it that way but I'm sure there's some reason. This particular dealer is new to these T@B's so I may do a bit of educating them in how it should be done.  I may also want to make sure LG is aware of this critical error so they can make sure they clarify in how it should be done so this doesn't happen again.  To me this is something that should be held on very well.   No shortcuts in these outside locations especially when we're talking about explosive type materials.
  • Options
    WVWandererWVWanderer Member Posts: 12
    Speaking of the housing unit, does anyone know if a larger size unit is available????
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited & soon to be Outback
    Pittsburgh, PA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Speaking of the housing unit, does anyone know if a larger size unit is available????
    The diamond plate one is a bit taller and wider, has a bottom and a trim piece across the top and bottom of the back. Most of the back is open for the necessary ventilation needed for the ventilation of the propane and the battery(batteries). 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WVWandererWVWanderer Member Posts: 12
    Thanks so much Verna!  I am considering the full platform on the front so that would definitely work for me. 
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited & soon to be Outback
    Pittsburgh, PA
  • Options
    It's all clear to me why the dealer I bought my T@B from re-drilled some holes and re-positioned the propane/battery housing.  When I put the battery back it was quite a tight fit between the battery cover and the back.  Any one else have this problem?  May be just with this particular battery cover.  
  • Options
    lazulibuntinglazulibunting Member Posts: 41
    Kevin@7 said:
    New T@B owner btw...2 weeks so far.  One of my recent upgrades was to place a floor under the batt/propane cover to avoid the unlikely but possible situation where my sewer hose can fall out and to prevent road spray from soaking things.  As I removed this whole assembly I was quite surprised to see that it was held in place with only 2 screws which were in two new drilled holes instead of the intended 4 slots.  When I put it back i corrected that and used the pre fabbed 4 holes and added bolts which to me seems like the way it was designed to be.  They lined up just fine so I found it very strange that the factory would have done this.  Is this normal?  I guess I can't rule out this was a returned T@B where another owner did his own thing.  I never have full trust in these RV dealers. 
    What kind of material did you use for the "floor"?

Lazuli Bunting from Utah
    2005 Dutchman T@B & 2010 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    What kind of material did you use for the "floor"?
    I used 1/8" ABS plastic but I'm sure you could also use the corrugated plastic sign material you would find at most home improvement stores.  That's what is used for the T@B underbelly.
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    We put a semicircle (more or less) of ½" wire mesh inserted in the bottom of the plastic tub, the front inch or so overlapping the edge and the back wired to the support bar. Voila, nothing falls through but all ventilation preserved
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Listen to this lazy guy... Bungie balls - Nothin falls out with a couple of bungie balls securing it. My dump hose ain't going anywhere :-)
    I like the air flowing around the propane tank and dump hose.
  • Options
    I went a whole trip storing the sewer hose in there without a bottom and no issues.  I just wanted some more assurance and the ability to maybe store some other things which motivated adding the bottom.  Call it piece of mind, however, probably not a necessary addition.

• Options
    Kevin@7 - Curious -  What else can you get in there? - With the tank, the battery, and the dump hose mine is pretty tightly packed.
  • Options
    I was able to fit a small container for storing gloves and my adapter fittings that clean out the tank and hose.  There's a few other small spaces I can take advantage of but just need to experiment.
  • Options
    GlennBeckGlennBeck Member Posts: 71
    I place a closed cell foam matt atop the battery compartment and transport a 1 gallon gas container for to supplement my generators 1.1 gallon capacity for those long trips without shore power and when the clouds obscure my 160w Zamp.
    Glenn & Annie
    2016 T@B CS-S Max Black on Silver
    2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 

• Options
    cjfilkocjfilko Member Posts: 1
    Hello.  New TAB Maxx S owner here.  My 2nd time out the latch that holds down the cover to the propane and battery compartment fell apart.  The exterior side of the latch was still bolted to the lid, but the J-shaped latch on the interior side became unscrewed and fell off somewhere.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Contact Elsie at Pleasant Valley or Little Guy, the numbers are in the "Tab Contact Numbers" area, shown in the upper right of every page here, on the forum.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya