Victron connect problem

The Victron connect(android) worked last fall when I took the battery out. I put the battery back in and the solar is charging, but the app won't find the device(Victron MPPT 75 10. I did all of the recommended trouble shooting except restart the controller, Can't figure out how to do that. There is no reset or off button that I can find. Turning the battery switch off doesn't disable the controller. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,604
    The controller has a fuse that can be pulled to attempt a restart.
    Or, you can unscrew one of the cables at the controller that connect to the battery and reconnect.   The controller is powered by the battery connection. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    There is a bundle of 3 groups of wires next to the battery, each group has a 30amp fuse. I guess I can try each 1. They are not labeled at all. I didn't see a fuse under the bench at the controller location. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try. We are going to be on shore power for our 2 week trip, so I don't really need solar, but it would be nice to get it working.
    It did bring the battery up nicely after overnight, so it is charging, and the blue light is on the controller box.
  • cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    I hope I'm understanding correctly. I had a similar issue and had to reset the Victron. Problem is, I have a 2021 400 and the Victron is behind the pull out drawer under the wardrobe. You need the S/N to reset. The only way to read the S/N is to unhook the Victron and unscrew it from the back wall there. It is a very tight fit. Don't forget to write the S/N down and keep it with your files in the event it happens again!
    2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
    2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
    SE Louisiana
    I used the wrong term. It's the PUK code, not S/N. And please note, I didn't lose or forget the PIN code. In fact, I had just left it in the default "000000". You said you did all of the troubleshooting. I assume that means you checked to ensure your Bluetooth is on in your phone settings ;)

• PIN code lost

If you have lost the PIN code, you will need to reset the PIN code to its default PIN code. This is done in the VictronConnect app:

Navigate to the device list of the VictronConnect app.

Enter the solar charger's unique PUK code as printed on its product information sticker.

Click on the option symbol next to the solar charger listing.

A new window will open which allows you to reset the PIN code back to its default: 000000.

SE Louisiana
    I'm a doofus. I need to learn to read better. You're not even able to find the device in the VictronConnect App list. 

This is all I can provide, but I assume you've already tried this. Did you find the orange refresh button?

• The controller is missing in the VictronConnect device list

Some steps to try to resolve this issue are:

Press the orange refresh button at the bottom of the VictronConnect device list and check if the solar charger is now listed. Only one phone or tablet can be connected to the solar charger at any given time. Make sure no other devices are connected and try again.

Try to connect to another Victron product, does this work? If that also does not work, there probably is an issue with the phone or tablet.

Rule out any issues with the phone or the VictronConnect app by using another phone or tablet and try again.

If still unresolved, refer to the VictronConnect manual.

SE Louisiana
    yes, I have the pin code, I do have blue tooth on my phone, It finds everything in my house, and my neighbors house, but not the controller. I have erased victron from bluetooth memory, restarted the phone, uninstalled, and reinstalled the app, restarted again. I know it says to connect from the app not your phone, the the app can't find the controller. Tomorrow I'll pull those 3 fuses and hope that resets it. Also I don't know what the puk code is, or where to find it. I'll look more closely, but didn't see in the front of the unit. The victron book has the sn on it, but not the puk.
    Do you have another phone or pad that might be connected? And you mentioned that your phone's bluetooth finds everything, but not the controller. The controller can only be found in the VictronConnect App, not on the phone. You seem to be aware of that, but I wanted to be sure you're not looking for it on your phones's system. You said you did a restart of your phone. That was a full restart, i.e., power down and off in system menu?
    SE Louisiana
    The solar controller fuse is on the bottom of the controller.  Picture below.  There have also been firmware updates in the last couple of weeks, but hopefully re-installing the app should have taken care of that.

2017 Outback
    Thanks pthomas, I think I could get that with a mirror. Not visable from above. Also my wife's  hands are smaller than mine, maybe she could reach it. Nothing on these are easy to reach, had the same problem on my Winnie and Jayco.
  • elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 270
    The VictronConnect manual offers some suggestions regarding not detecting the device when using android. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-c8998d8f-150e-b378-e376-b4a70090ad3e
    When the app can’t find our controller, I have found that an update was needed.  It seems like I just waited and after the update, I was able to connect.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    Note that Apple and Android phones have different BT connect methods. Both Android and Apple, depending on the version have different options. They are getting more similar but when offering suggestions listing the phone type may help. I had an issue reconnecting once with my Huawei phone but it was resolved by clearing the pairings and starting over. Haven't had a problem with my Pixel 6.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
    I have a Pixel 6. Clearing the pairings and starting over was first on the list. Didn't work. I don't think the problem is Android or Pixel, the Victron isn't showing up in the Victron app, so the phone can't find it. I tried resetting the controller  by disconnect/reconnect the battery, that didn't work either. There is a fuse on the controller, but neither my wife or I could reach it. The solar is charging the battery so I'll let it go until after our Skidaway trip. By the way I did try 2 other phones and my Samsung Tab.
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    Bluetooth for all, Master of none.... it's very nice when it works.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • MobeanMobean Member Posts: 50
    I have the same issue with my iPhone 6S.  Worked fine then one day, my phone could not connect and I have not been able to connect since despite all the suggestions above.  Webiste for Victron was unhelpful.  I gave up.
    2021 320S BD
    2020 V6 Chevy Colorado
    Sounds like I'm in the same boat!
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I didn't read all the comments but a year or so ago I could no longer connect. I ended up getting the PUK code from the back of the device and reset using that and then it read normally. I think either an app update or android update permanently broke the connection.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • oneokieoneokie Member Posts: 9
    I just replaced my 2 6 volts with new AGMs. Simple straight across remove/install. I switched on my phone to check the Victronconnect and it had disappeared from my phone. The app could not locate it. I tried switching phone off, powered off the battery, deleted and added the app. Nothing doing. I understand I may need to either unplug/plug in the Victron fuse - my problems is, I can’t find the unit! I have a ‘19 400. Anyone know where I might find it or if there is something else I should do?
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    @oneokie, Are you looking for the solar controller?  The positive terminal of the controller with fuse should be connected to the positive terminal of the battery, or the positive terminal of the small square distribution block next to the battery enclosure under the bed.  Realize that by replacing the battery, you've effectively cycled power to the controller. 

I suspect the controller is either under the center section of the bed, in the Alde compartment under the bed, or under the closet/3-way fridge.  My 2019 didn't come with solar, so don't know for sure.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • oneokieoneokie Member Posts: 9
    Found the controller in the Alde compartment. Went out last night, when the solar system was inactive and got the MPPT 75/15 to show up on my phone; however, it would not pair using the 000000 code. It sounds as if I need to unscrew the unit from the wall of the compartment and get the correct code to pair with off the back?
    Ok, I finally got the 320s uncovered. I've already done every trouble shoot possible, I unmounted the Victron Controller an took a photo of the Puk # for reference. I took the fuse out to reset it, remounted is upside down so the fuse and wiring would be at the top so I  get to them, then put the fuse back in. Blue Tooth still doesn't work. I uninstalled the app from my phone, Took the fuse back out, put it back in, reinstalled the app, still nothing. Any thing I haven't tried.
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    Sounds like it's time to call Victron Tech Support.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • BridgerSunsetBridgerSunset Member Posts: 80
    As mentioned in @cottonmouth comment above, and implied within @elbolillo referencing Victron's troubleshooting guide (point #3)  -  - have you indeed confirmed that you are not already paired to the controller with another device?  Perhaps your old phone, or wife's tablet, or other ?  It won't  allow 2 concurrent pairings.

I've had this issue pairing headphones with my android tablet, if the phone was already paired to it.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock  - Chev Silverado 3500HD 6.6L - Toyota 4Runner 4.0L
    SW Montana USA

Yes, I checked that off. As well as trying my wife's(Pixel 6) phone, my previous Moto g, and my Samsung tablet. It doesn't show up in the apps device list, or the phones device list. Victron's Tech support says to contact the dealer who installed it. I went through the trouble shooting line by line, sure I didn't miss anything. Maybe at NUCamp23 I can find out if it's a faulty controller.
    this may sound like a dumb question, but do you think by chance you might have turned the Bluetooth off via the Victron Connect software before you put into storage?
    No. I didn't change any settings, It worked when I winterized, removed the battery, and put the cover on. While prepping for our Skidaway, Ga trip in Feb., I put the Battery back in, checked the app and it wouldn't pair. The first thing in trouble shooting is to delete the pairing list on your phone. I did that, then the app couldn't find the device any longer. That is where I am at now. I don't get the resetting, because without the battery and the cover on the trailer the device would be off any way. As mentioned I did remove the fuse to reset, but nothing has changed. I guess I can live without, the solar does charge and the monitor level in the trailer works. I know I'm not the only on the forum who has this problem, maybe someone will find a fix short of replacing the controller. 
    When you pulled the fuse: did the LED's on the controller go out?  I'm wondering if it would help to completely disconnect the controller cabling from the solar panel, then disconnect the solar controller from the battery. (Just one wire from the panel and the battery should be sufficient.)  The reconnect the battery cable to the controller first.  Then the panel wire.
    2017 Outback
    GregChris said:
    No. I didn't change any settings, It worked when I winterized, removed the battery, and put the cover on. While prepping for our Skidaway, Ga trip in Feb., I put the Battery back in, checked the app and it wouldn't pair. The first thing in trouble shooting is to delete the pairing list on your phone. I did that, then the app couldn't find the device any longer. That is where I am at now. I don't get the resetting, because without the battery and the cover on the trailer the device would be off any way. As mentioned I did remove the fuse to reset, but nothing has changed. I guess I can live without, the solar does charge and the monitor level in the trailer works. I know I'm not the only on the forum who has this problem, maybe someone will find a fix short of replacing the controller. 
    I have attached a screenshot from Bluetooth settings from my phone. Does the Victron Solar Charger appear under the Bluetooth settings on your phone?

Success. I thought about the leds on the Victron. After pulling the fuse there was a faint glow on the yellow 1. I climbed up on top of the 320s and covered the solar panel with a thick black moving blanket. After a few minutes all leds were off. I put the fuse back in and behold there is the Victron showing in the app. I selected it, it connected and ask for the pin. It works! Didn't eve ask for the puk code. Also it updated the firmware which fixes connection issues aand other bugs. Thanks for all of the input!