Options

Walker tent

Has any one modified the skirt on a walker tent, so the step is usable? A pass through slot or similar?

Comments

• Options
    PjknoblePjknoble Member Posts: 14
    I have done a full mod for the Walker tent. It is on my FB post under t@B Camping Trailers, but will copy it here.

I don’t remember who had posted in one of these forums about EZ Snap RV Skirting, but it got me thinking and I purchased enough to do the door side of my T@B 400 BD.
    I have a Walker Tent (which I LOVE!!) but I had to come up with my own modification for the trailer side to really keep the wind/weather out and the dogs in.
    This new mod is fantastic and allows for several feet to tuck up under the Walker tent floor mat.  I am thrilled. It was easy to order, easy to install…even where I ended up with Velcro for under step and then an “access door” to the storage compartment.  I did not take a new picture of the access door, but essentially cut a rectangle out where the door is and cut a new piece of the gray sheeting about 1” bigger all around and put Velcro on all four side (also purchased from EZ Snap.  I cut the sheeting to extend 1 5” inward from each side under the steps and also attached them overlapping with Velcro, and then put a little flap down from under the door behind the step as well.

Prior to getting the EZ Snap rv skirting, I did make a cut for the step to go through and then used velcro tape to close. While that worked for the step, I wanted to have the entire “wall” area closed so that my dogs were secure and there was no wind.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock • Acura MDX
    PacNW
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    Thanks. Very interesting. This helps alot.
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    @Pjknoble Wow!  Thank you! I was looking for something like that for my Walker tent.  Would it keep a cat in ?  ... and would it keep mosquitoes out ?  
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"